Author Topic: Kent Cannon's Paula J  (Read 10531 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Kent Cannon's Paula J
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 05:23:17 AM »
Nice ... Looking forward to seeing the rails on the boat....

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
Re: Kent Cannon's Paula J
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
I picked her up yesterday (Friday) from the fabricator. I was very pleased with the whole project!
The rails are made from 1 1/4" brushed aluminum. I wanted them to come back to mid window, so you can safely make the move to the bow when going forward on the rails. They flare slightly midship, so passage forward is uninhibited. I had him make rails are crotch height, so you can comfortably lean on them while casting or fighting a fish. They are beefy, with no noticeable give while leaning on them.
While standing at the helm, vision is unrestricted by the posts or the rails. I was going to have them powder coated, but didn't because I will probably want to add at least two rod holders. Had I had them powder coated, I would have to commit to rod holder location. I hate to commit to rod holder location before I have had a chance use the railing offshore.
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.