Author Topic: Adrian Pau's Great Alaskan in Gresham, Oregon  (Read 21278 times)

Vicent59

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adrian Pau's Great Alaskan in Gresham, Oregon
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
"Note that the side panels still extend past the sheer deck at this point and will be trimmed later"

Will you trim the side panels before or after flip?  If I remember correctly, the side panels will be 1" or more below the sheer deck when the boat is in this position.  If you trim the side panels after flip, I wonder how to minimize the damages on the top of the side panels during flip? 
Thank you in advance.
Vincent 

Update for April 14th, 2010:  Adrian now has the primary hull constructed and will soon be flipping the boat upright ...stay tuned!

A rendering of the basic concept behind what Adrian is building.  Note that addition of an extended motor bracket and sponsons w/swim step

Starboard side.  Note that the side panels still extend past the sheer deck at this point and will be trimmed later.  Also notice the "straight edges" (2x6's) temporarily screwed to the aft chine flats to guarantee a straight run aft.

Port side.  Notice side panel scarfs accomplished in-place (screws with washers)

Enjoy!  Adrian is on track for a Summer 2010 launch!

Brian

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Adrian Pau's Great Alaskan in Gresham, Oregon
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 06:02:19 AM »
 Vicent59, He probably trimmed the side prior to flipping, well, I would otherwise the panels would be substantially damaged.
Rough cut aboat 1/2 inch above the sheer shelves wouldn't damage the sides during flipping, any minor dints would be trimmed off before decking, probably sooner if like me you like a job finished and nice to look at during construction.
But not needing to be done until the decking is started OK.
Not waving....... Drowning!