Author Topic: Looking to BUY Great Alaskan  (Read 3780 times)

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Looking to BUY Great Alaskan
« on: July 27, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »
Hi,

I have been following this forum for quite a while, bought plans a while back but life has not allowed me to start a build yet. I would like to put out there that in the near future I would be interested in buying a GA (the right one) from someone who is selling for whatever reason. Would be most interested in complete or near complete boats.

I like the combination of strength, simplicity, ability to trailer, fishing/camping do-it-all boat.

Thanks!

Brian

Farmboy

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to BUY Great Alaskan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 10:32:23 PM »
I’d suspect there is a minimum of $40k in labor on a GA?

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »
Yes, no doubt there is a large amount of blood, sweat, tears and love in this project! I have been too busy to start, and look to be about another year or more away the way life is right now, so I thought I would put it out there for any who have built one and find themselves at some point in that position of needing or wanting to sell.

If the economy kicks the bucket I may have time to build... so who knows what happens! Lemons and lemonade... :)

Brian

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 01:26:54 PM »
Great minds think alike ... plans sales have picked up as a result of the virus :)   Others must have more free time now, so why not build a boat?  Afterall, if you go bankrupt and lose the house, it's nice to know the Great Alaskan has room for  a galley, head, and queen-size bed in the cuddy!  You can always live in it instead of the house, right?  :D :D :D

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 11:58:40 AM »
Brian, interesting the comment about plans sales... jet skis and outboards are in short supply, I guess a bunch of people decided to get out on the water!

Brian

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 01:20:18 PM »
Bump. Still about a year out from time to build... if the right deal came along I would be interested.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 08:37:48 AM »
Hi,

I have been following this forum for quite a while, bought plans a while back but life has not allowed me to start a build yet. I would like to put out there that in the near future I would be interested in buying a GA (the right one) from someone who is selling for whatever reason. Would be most interested in complete or near complete boats.

I like the combination of strength, simplicity, ability to trailer, fishing/camping do-it-all boat.

Thanks!

Brian
Hi Brian, If your interested in a Kodiak model give me a call to discuss, after all I am in the kit boat building business . I am starting the under deck now which would be a perfect time to have the wheelhouse the way you want it. I am building this boat for myself but I can always start another one. This GA will be one of the nicest out there when it is done. I was kind of building it to take to boat shows as a model. The bow thruster I have installed with twin engine setup will make this GA a breeze to dock in the wind.
Chuck @ Westcoast Boat Works 541-653-7838
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »
Thanks Chuck, I am pretty sold on the GA w 8.5 width. We have plans to trailer quite a bit as have a diesel and are flatlanders a couple hours from big water...

Thanks,

Brian

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 03:50:53 PM »
Thanks Chuck, I am pretty sold on the GA w 8.5 width. We have plans to trailer quite a bit as have a diesel and are flatlanders a couple hours from big water...

Thanks,

Brian
No worries I would have a hard time parting with her just yet:) Just so ya know towing under 10 feet wide is a piece of cake. All you need is a yearly permit and put on an oversize load banner and away ya go all year. I ordered a trailer from back East, I had them put on leaf springs so it can be adjusted for its light overall weight. What ever you end up doing buying one or building one you can't go wrong. I don't believe there is a better design out there. If there is I would love to know about it. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 03:54:01 PM by Grady300 »
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 09:02:17 PM »
For the permit, those are for each state, correct?

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 09:52:56 PM »
For the permit, those are for each state, correct?
I have to look into that as I am not 100% sure when crossing state lines. All I will need is Washington and Oregon and possibly Cali. From what I hear there pretty cheep. I wouldn't even bother with it as I doubt I would ever get pulled over it's more of an insurance issue if something where to happen.
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

BrianGA

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 11:46:43 AM »
In addition to finished boat, also interested in unfinished project. Rapidly getting close to enough floorspace and time...