Author Topic: Just discovered the Great Alaskan  (Read 3741 times)

mikeyairtime

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just discovered the Great Alaskan
« on: December 10, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
I'm a Tolman fan and just discovered the Great Alaskan. I have plans for a big fuel efficient skiff for me and the wife. Sort of a retirement sled that we can tow and travel with. I'm in the middle of a restoration and repower on a 30' Chris Craft right now. This is my second full restoration and I'm feeling like I could pull off a complete build. When the Chris is done I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Just discovered the Great Alaskan
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »

Let me be the first to welcome you to our forums!  This is a great place to discuss your ideas and to ask your questions!  I think that in many ways, you will find that building a boat from scratch is a lot easier than a restoration...

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »
Oh heck, I totally agree with Bran here.
Not waving....... Drowning!

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
I'd have to say your both right. I have never restored a boat but if it is anything like starting a restoration on a house you normally bite off more than you expected when you open up the walls, it never seams to end. I have built several boats and thoroughly enjoyed them especially the using it part after she's all done. 
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021