Author Topic: Project Under way.  (Read 20550 times)

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Project Under way.
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »
Well, we have been cutting and laminating parts and pieces for the 28ft GA. We have the transom complete (less the cut-out for the shelves), bow stem, chines and shelves are complete. Just waiting for a metal RV carport to be built.

Have been reading all the post and Cannon (Redneck from Oregon) posted a drawing of his layout. We found it really interesting that he had near the exact same lay out we have been planning. Anyway, I hope Cannon don't mind to much but I kinda stole it and made some changes that we have in mind.

Brian, we would like to get your input on the lay out done in the pic attached. Let us know if this is counts for a fishing trip. hahahaha....

Mark

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Project Under way.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:52:42 PM »
Looks good from here.  At 5'10" for the dining area, I wonder if you are making this convertible into another bunk?  Will you add support strips and a filler for the triangle area in the cuddy so you have a true queen sized bed in there?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:02:39 PM »
Yes, we plan on converting the dinette to a bed, as well as, a full queen bed in the cuddy. We also plan on adding a hanging locker to the port side of the cuddy as well. In the cabin area we plan on a stove/oven and sink. I was wondering how much room is there in front of the fwd fuel tank between the stringers? Kinda thinking it would be a good place to put a fresh water tank. Just depends on how many gallons we could fit there... 10gal?

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 09:25:13 AM »
Well, we have been cutting and laminating parts and pieces for the 28ft GA. We have the transom complete (less the cut-out for the shelves), bow stem, chines and shelves are complete. Just waiting for a metal RV carport to be built.

Have been reading all the post and Cannon (Redneck from Oregon) posted a drawing of his layout. We found it really interesting that he had near the exact same lay out we have been planning. Anyway, I hope Cannon don't mind to much but I kinda stole it and made some changes that we have in mind.

Brian, we would like to get your input on the lay out done in the pic attached. Let us know if this is counts for a fishing trip. hahahaha....

Mark
I would be happy to send you the cad file if you would like to mess with it.
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:28 AM »
Cannon
I don't have a program that would run a cad file. I just used the photo and messed with it in a photo editing program that came with the computer. I really like your floor plan and have near the same type of plan in mind for our boat.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 02:36:54 PM »
Have the shelves done but in 4 sections right now. Chines are cut out and finished as well

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »
couple more pics

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:00:44 PM »
Looking good Mark!  It was a little over 2 years ago I was at this stage of the build.  You are going to love that boat!

Dave in Homer

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 09:17:21 PM »
Thanks Dave, I have admired your boat and your build for quite awhile. I only hope to build in the quality that you did. I'm looking to go extra heavy on the fiberglass and structure. I built the shelves out of two pieces of 3/4" plywood and will also add the 1/2" deck. We have planned for a long build but we are going to go a bit overboard on everything we put into this boat. Going to make it comfortable for at least a week out on the water.

Mark

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 10:27:21 AM »
Cannon
I don't have a program that would run a cad file. I just used the photo and messed with it in a photo editing program that came with the computer. I really like your floor plan and have near the same type of plan in mind for our boat.

Mark,
I used Sketcup Make. It's free as long as you are not using it for profit.
http://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-make
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
Have the building up and making progress.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 09:06:01 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 09:07:34 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »
more

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »
Have tacked the fair body seem and will be applying tape tomorrow.