Author Topic: Hello from Rainier OR  (Read 1837 times)

noexcuses

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Hello from Rainier OR
« on: May 30, 2020, 09:04:33 PM »
Just wanted to say i from Rainier. Looking at building a GA and if I do it will be the kodiak version. Boat would be for fishing in the ocean. I have had a few ocean capable boats, 24 NR seahawk and a Contender 27 open. I sold the contender as it was to thirsty, to hard to keep clean. I am currently running a sea doo fish pro for my offshore adventure from bottom fish to tuna. I have thought of building aluminum boat but my aluminum welding skills are not to that level and the cost is very high.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Hello from Rainier OR
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 07:17:27 AM »

In terms of brand new boats and what they cost, I can assure you that the Great Alaskan is your best deal.  'Sweat equity' as they say - which gives you a very capable boat that is set up the way YOU want, for less money than used or new commercially made options.  In any case, welcome aboard!  This is a great place to play around with different ideas and concepts for your boat!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 08:53:06 AM »
If you ever get down to Bend Or. give me a call if you would like to stop by and see then 30 foot Kodiak I am building 541-653-7838...Chuck
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 08:39:12 AM »
Hello! I'm hoping to get started on my GA this fall. Doing research and prep work now, met with Chuck in Bend, cleaning my shop, etc. I'm just a couple hours a way from Ranier and hear their are other GA builders and owners in the area. Good luck to you.
Randy Henry, SILVERTON Oregon
Randy_Henry@msn.com