Author Topic: 30 foot Kodiak in Juneau  (Read 34627 times)

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 30 foot Kodiak in Juneau
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2023, 12:00:58 AM »
That is a good size fish and such a fantastic view, I am in awe. 

Lindy

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2023, 09:19:34 AM »
Had my marine survey done and they valued the boat at 364,000. No major issues with my build, they wanted me to add a high water bilge alarm and fuel shut off near my engines. If I do the math, I believe that I had put 200,000 into the build. This includes about 250 hours of expert electrical work by Dan and his team. Given that I knew I was going to save money building the boat myself, I did put the highest quality components in the build I could find, this included Yamaha motors with electronic controls and Diamond Sea Glaze windows and doors. In Juneau, I was also hit by exorbitant shipping costs. I am certain that the boat could be build much cheeper down south if one were to chose different, less expensive,  components, and were not having to deal with high shipping costs. Regardless, Not only do I love my boat, how much of a boat I got for the money I spent was a huge value. Furthermore it was great fun to build it.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2023, 10:20:57 AM »
What a beautiful boat! I'm not surprised at what the appraisal came in at. Just for comparison I now have about 125k in my 31' Kodiak as she sits today in the attached photos. My appraisal came in at 225k but that was before I even had motors on. There was an allowance added for the motors but I'm pretty sure it would appraise higher today. I've added a lot of equipment needed for fishing in Mexico. 
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 06, 2023, 01:18:19 PM »
I thought my boat appraisal would be much higher than it was.  Mine came in at $150,000.  I have spent $120,000 on the project, with top shelf everything, no DSG windows. I know she cannot be replaced for that amount today!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:21:49 PM by Todd j »

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #349 on: June 07, 2023, 06:55:21 AM »
Beautiful boat, Todd ... really like the color and stylish visor too :)

As for appraisals, they vary a lot ... each appraiser seems to be significantly different than others.  If you want to carry more insurance, I'd find an appraiser in a different 'neighborhood' and get a second opinion ...

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2023, 11:27:19 PM »
Beautiful boat, Todd ... really like the color and stylish visor too :)

As for appraisals, they vary a lot ... each appraiser seems to be significantly different than others.  If you want to carry more insurance, I'd find an appraiser in a different 'neighborhood' and get a second opinion ...

bd
thanks BD.  I’m very proud of her.  I like the color a lot.  I also dig the different design on the visor too. 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #351 on: June 09, 2023, 07:12:50 AM »

Agree ... the visor is awesome.  I really "connect" with your boat ... exactly the way I'd do it ... beautiful!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>