Author Topic: 28 GA in Pagosa Springs colorado  (Read 94897 times)

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 28 GA in Pagosa Springs colorado
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:43 AM »
Hot darn, you are cruising! That transom looks fantastic. Question for you, where did you get your bow eye? I am looking for one as I want to install and use it to flip but I don't think the ones I got for my transom are long enough.

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2019, 01:19:33 PM »
On amazon,

NovelBee 2-Pack 5/8" Stock Stainless Steel Stern Bow Eye U Bolt with Welding Plate,Washer and Hex Nuts (Thread Length:5-1/2")
Sold by: Novelbee

36 bucks for two but if you are using it to flip the boat these have the beef you need

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2019, 02:42:21 PM »
Those are burly. I wonder if 304 stainless is going to be an issue on a trailered boat that's primarily operated in salt. The ones I have for the transom are 316 but only 3/8", so not nearly as thick. I don't think they are long enough for the bow either. Maybe I can reduce the thickness of the stem/bow where they are installed with a router or something to allow them to be bolted through. Are you worried with those about corrosion at all?

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2019, 03:11:54 PM »
 304 is OK if accessible and you rinse it off after salt exposure.  316 is better, but as you point out, you can't necessarily find everything you want in 316...
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »
Roger that. 304 it is. :)

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
I drilled a small 1/8 inch hole in one of the spots I was going to mount the bolt, that allowed me to pass a wire into the hole and then I measured the wire. These bolts have about an inch or more thread showing when installed on my boat. Hope that helps

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2019, 07:37:42 AM »
It does, thanks! Got my pair of novelbee's on the way, might get them installed next week.

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2019, 07:13:51 PM »
Few pics. Working on cabin sides tonight. Went well, glassing insides tonight while flat on horses,will install tomorrow.

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2019, 06:40:49 PM »
Windshield

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2019, 07:05:15 PM »
Hatch work

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2019, 05:13:12 AM »

As always ... beautiful work!  You're making great progress!  Gonna launch next summer?
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2019, 07:13:40 AM »
That’s the plan

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2019, 08:03:44 AM »
That’s the plan

Can't wait!  You've got a good head of steam up ... think practical and get the boat in the water, fine tune, modify, and add stuff after the primary goal of launching and using the boat is reached.  Many get lost polishing the apple and miss a whole boating season as a result.  Just my 2-cents.. your boat's going to be fantastic!

Brian

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2019, 05:33:15 PM »
I love the door onto the rear swim step!

I could still make it happen for me just cant seem to decide and do not understand if there would be a structural issue, maybe
Brian will chime in.

Rbob

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2019, 06:27:22 PM »
Brian, I agree all the way. I would have it out the same week the motor is mounted if all my lake were not frozen over. I’ll have all the wood put together this winter and work on details as I go. Heading to Salt Lake City next week to pick up the trailer, gas tank gets picked up in Arizona over Christmas.

Rbob, I ran the back of the boat by Brian before I did it. I was going to put the door in the side and he suggested I put it there. I must admit I really put extra glass under the swim step and I feel that the platform is a very solid box to mount the engine to. Cheers!!