Author Topic: 13 Bananas New Jersey Kodiak  (Read 10391 times)

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Bananas New Jersey Kodiak
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »
Closed up the cuddy today.  Should be setting the pilot house window frame next week.

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »
Got the pilot house almost closed in.  Still lots of fairing and fiberlassing.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2024, 04:39:32 PM »

Sweet!  Gonna be a nice boat!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2024, 07:51:37 PM »
Looks great.  Due to the number of times you will be crawling in and out of it, I would get it closer to the floor.  But I will admit mine was probably that high.

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2024, 05:03:19 PM »

Sweet!  Gonna be a nice boat!

Thanks Brian

Looks great.  Due to the number of times you will be crawling in and out of it, I would get it closer to the floor.  But I will admit mine was probably that high.
Thanks ghelland.  I know you're right about getting it lower to the floor.  Unfortunately, I need to put another coating on the bottom than what's on there right now.  I've already sanded and prepped for it.  So in the meantime I built a real nice stair case to access the swim platform.  Still haven't cut the transom door which is a pain to climb over  ;D

Took a little cruise to Mexico last week, but was able to get some work done before and after.  Most of the fiberglassing is done and prepping for some fairing....  my favorite part. lol

Also, got some really nice escape hatches.  One is going in the cuddy and one in the pilot house.

--dave

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2024, 06:10:49 PM »
Those hatches are nice.  I have the same one in my cuddy

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2024, 05:41:35 PM »

cuddy port lights cut in

Preparing for the roof install.  Made a couple places for some rod storage and hand holds in roof supports

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2024, 02:17:25 PM »
looking good!  makes me wish I had another one to build.  In the shot looking forward from the transom I don't see any of the vertical supports between the chine flats and the sheer.  Are they omitted or are they sheathed over?  Looks very clean.

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2024, 06:38:50 PM »
looking good!  makes me wish I had another one to build.  In the shot looking forward from the transom I don't see any of the vertical supports between the chine flats and the sheer.  Are they omitted or are they sheathed over?  Looks very clean.

Thanks for looking out for me Todd.  The deck isn't glued in yet as there are quite a few things to work out first.

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2024, 10:52:57 AM »
Pilot house roof getting done. 

The roof also gets a hatch like the cuddy is getting.

Jake picked up the 280 pound gyro and will be bringing it to Florida soon.  That's gonna be lots of fun setting that thing.  The engineers said we've over engineered the structure holding down the gyro, but it's also located at an area that boats take a pounding.  I'll get some pictures of that gyro in a few weeks.

--dave

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2024, 01:06:26 PM »
Did I read somewhere in the manual that fiberglass tape isn't required for inside pilothouse roof / side joints?

EDIT***   I found it in part 2 of the manual.  Inside pilothouse roof / side joints do not have to be taped.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:47:20 PM by cj8mule »

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2024, 03:06:01 PM »
Lot's of fairing, sanding, and moaning going on around here.  Fairing is hard on an old man.  lol

2 each 107 gallon aluminum gas tanks are being made in NJ as well as a mounting plate for the gyro.  Lot's of bling being delivered like an anchor, chain, hatches, and cleats.  Really hoping for a summer launch... we'll see.

--dave

jov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2024, 10:19:18 PM »
Looks great and it seems like you are making quick progress. I am really interested in see what you do with the gyro.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2024, 09:47:22 AM »
Wow, your GA is really looking great. What an exciting time where you are in your build. I remember this stage so well so exciting!!
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2024, 04:18:48 PM »
If a fellow needs to take some time off from sanding, fishing is a good way to recharge and relax.