Author Topic: 13 Bananas New Jersey Kodiak  (Read 10085 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: 13 Bananas New Jersey Kodiak
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2024, 05:24:14 PM »

Some kind of barracuda?
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2024, 04:25:08 PM »

Some kind of barracuda?

It's a small 40" Wahoo.  They are excellent table fare and grill really nice.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2024, 05:13:24 PM »

Some kind of barracuda?

It's a small 40" Wahoo.  They are excellent table fare and grill really nice.

Looks like a fast fighting fish ... probably fun to catch!  (And ... eat!)

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2024, 03:06:43 PM »
Time for some primer.  I'm using Alexseal products which have a hefty price tag, but does a great job.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2024, 04:56:05 PM »

What kind of sprayer are you using? I assume an HVLP, but is it a GP one or a detail gun?

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2024, 11:50:44 AM »
looking good!  Alexseal products were a pleasure to work with, even for us roll on folks

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2024, 04:19:15 PM »

What kind of sprayer are you using? I assume an HVLP, but is it a GP one or a detail gun?

I bought a pretty nice HVLP gun, but loaned it out and came back messed up.  I have it torn down soaking now trying to save it.  In the meantime I picked up the cheap Harbor Freight guns yesterday for $15 each.  I can get those dialed in pretty good.  They won't last long but will do the job.

looking good!  Alexseal products were a pleasure to work with, even for us roll on folks

I agree Todd.  The bunks and cubby holes were to difficult to spray so I rolled some top coat today with a 4" foam roller and chip brush.  The pictures above was just of the normal epoxy primer.  I used an epoxy filler primer on the bottom which was really great stuff.  It would be expensive but you could easily fill the weave of 6 ounce cloth with that filler primer.

I'm going to prime the cabin outside roof tomorrow and top coat the rest of the cuddy and pilot house inside roof.  Fingers crossed for no orange peel or runs.   HAHA

--dave

cj8mule

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2024, 07:04:32 AM »
Most of the outside is in primer.  There are still some areas with pin holes and such so some more fairing will be necessary.

I did get some top coat put on the roof.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2024, 07:42:35 PM »
CJ,

Looking sweet!  Love the pulpit, it gives it a nice attitude.  I really enjoy watching your build and nice shop too, how are you keeping it so clean?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2024, 08:59:30 PM »
looking great
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013