Author Topic: Lindy in Juneau (was "test pic")  (Read 1811 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Lindy in Juneau (was "test pic")
« on: February 01, 2022, 07:35:45 AM »
test pic
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Lindy

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: test pic
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 09:55:40 AM »
Brian,
Here are a few more pictures from our big epoxy day. I will work on photo editing when I get a chance.
Lindy

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: test pic
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 05:22:20 PM »

Wow!  Thanks!  How many backaches are in that room?  :D

Are you going to go back and build a seam on the keel, chines etc?  30-oz minimum on those seams, and the shortest overlap should not be less than 2" on either side.  No big deal to add if your bottom glassing didn't already do it.

bd

PS: I'm moving this thread out of Experimental and over to the Projects forum ... FYI
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Lindy

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lindy in Juneau (was "test pic")
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 07:22:47 PM »
Did all the seams prior to the cloth. 4 inch 9 oz,6 inch biax-12oz, then 8 inch 9 oz.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 07:06:29 AM »
Did all the seams prior to the cloth. 4 inch 9 oz,6 inch biax-12oz, then 8 inch 9 oz.

Perfect, and sounds like a good approach that makes sheathing the hull go faster too :)

Lindy

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 10:08:17 PM »
Was able to get fair body strake and other bottom strakes on today. as for the  Fairbody did the first 12 feet out of 2 layers of 1/4 ply laminated in place for the first 12 feet, followed by a piece of preglassed 1/2 inch ply to the stern. The side strakes were 3/4 ply with the top glassed and applied in 8 foot lengths- no problem. Attempted to attach my my 3/4 by 3/4 inch white oak auxiliary spray rails to fwd chine, but no way, 1/2 was around chine bend-SNAP!!. Scarfed up another batch, this time do them in two layers. Working tomorrow, trying to sweet talk Ms Jones to apply fillets to the sides of my bottom strakes and help me mount my now 2 part spray rails tomorrow, see how that goes.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2022, 10:27:43 PM »
Your Boat is looking huge!  I imagine you and the crew are pretty beat up after yesterday.

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 11:36:35 PM »
I am amazed, you guys are killing it! Keep it going! Love this, you will be floating this ship before you know it ;)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 07:53:08 AM »

Nahhhh ... your wife's a real go-getter and super helper.  She'll work on those strakes with ya!  :)