Author Topic: Rigging New Yamaha 90  (Read 2651 times)

kennneee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rigging New Yamaha 90
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:53:54 PM »
Hi Guys- I recently purchased a Yamaha 90 SHO for my Outer Banks 26 build. I am going to do most of the rigging myself and wonder if there is any RIGGING MANUAL out there?  It doesn't look that complicated but anything to make it easier and keep me from screwing up would be really helpful.  Any advice or input would be appreciated.
Here is a link to my build if you are interested. https://goo.gl/photos/42vU3BKQDsnMxbPp9
Not a GA but a lot of similarities.
Thanks!
Ken

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
Re: Rigging New Yamaha 90
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »
I got a rigging Manuel for my Yami off line. Usually the install is pretty much the same within a few years of your engine manufacture.
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 08:59:34 AM »
Hi Guys- I recently purchased a Yamaha 90 SHO for my Outer Banks 26 build. I am going to do most of the rigging myself and wonder if there is any RIGGING MANUAL out there?  It doesn't look that complicated but anything to make it easier and keep me from screwing up would be really helpful.  Any advice or input would be appreciated.
Here is a link to my build if you are interested. https://goo.gl/photos/42vU3BKQDsnMxbPp9
Not a GA but a lot of similarities.
Thanks!
Ken

Beautiful boat!  I really like it and how it's turning out!  BTW, Is that a Bow Roof Shed or did you use some other plans, or design it yourself, that's outside and covered with plastic?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

kennneee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 09:56:33 AM »
Hi Guys- Cannon- Found one online.  I looked a few days back and must have missed it, duh!
Brian- Thanks for the kudos.  Yes, it is a bow shed.  I worked on the design with a more talented then me, carpenter.  He did most of the building on that project.  I ran out of bandwidth and was to obsessed with the boat to build it. Found some greenhouse covering from an outfit on the east coast.  Has a 10 year warranty so I am expecting good service from it.
Ken

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 06:17:29 AM »
Hi Guys- Cannon- Found one online.  I looked a few days back and must have missed it, duh!
Brian- Thanks for the kudos.  Yes, it is a bow shed.  I worked on the design with a more talented then me, carpenter.  He did most of the building on that project.  I ran out of bandwidth and was to obsessed with the boat to build it. Found some greenhouse covering from an outfit on the east coast.  Has a 10 year warranty so I am expecting good service from it.
Ken

There's something about a whole row of frames that just looks neat ... whether it's a boat, a building getting built, or something like that bow roof shed.  I don't want frames like that in MY boat, but they still look cool....

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

kennneee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 10:36:21 AM »
YEP!!