Author Topic: Finally got some fishing weather  (Read 1054 times)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Finally got some fishing weather
« on: March 18, 2023, 10:55:51 PM »
24#.  First fish of the day.  Needless to say, the rest didn’t quite measure up.

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finally got some fishing weather
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 05:00:58 PM »
I saw a ton of pictures on social media groups of people up that way laying the wood to lings after you posted this. Guess they were bitin' huh? :D Nice fish!

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 03:35:43 PM »
Ya. Its my rod and reel PB. Ive been out fishing 5 days and we plugged the boat every time.  The weather has been pretty crappy for a long time and there hasnt been a ton of pressure on them.  I have been doing multi day day trips since it costs a fortune to tow the boat for "a" trip.  works out nice and i get to spend more time using all of the boat.

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 10:00:09 PM »
The tuna are in!!!  I pulled 13 beauties out of the Britney blue.  The last 6-7 years were all about that day. Starting with the barn restoration, then the boat build. 

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 12:08:28 AM »
Beautiful ling, what is the limit? 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2023, 07:08:07 AM »
The tuna are in!!!  I pulled 13 beauties out of the Britney blue.  The last 6-7 years were all about that day. Starting with the barn restoration, then the boat build.

Awesome and congratulations!  You earned it!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2023, 09:48:58 AM »
I wish Albacore still ran down here, they look like a lot of fun to catch. Some bluefin were being found in the bay area a week or two back and then they had a big wind event, I wouldn't be surprised if they found their way up north (water on the outside in Oregon is 68°??? I didn't realize it got that warm in the summer...).

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 11:37:58 PM »
2 at least 22” per day. no slot limit

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 11:43:53 PM »
2 at least 22” per day. no slot limit
Albacore are usually available here each summer.  I just got in from another trip. I pulled in 13 with a bonus blue fin tuna.  Saw a dorado today at the cleaning station.  Buddy boat got 21, another boat 22 and two dorado.  And this is not hot fishing, at least for us. It is still worth it and a total blast

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 09:21:25 PM »
I think I’m done chasing Albies for the season.  Finished off with 75 albacore and 1 bluefin at an average of 19 fish per trip.   I think the boat will be sidelined until lobster season.   Great summer and looking forward for next summer

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2023, 11:15:12 AM »
Just returned from a 1600 mile round boat tote to So Cal. Made 2 trips from Channel Islands harbor to Santa Cruz Island and Santa Rosa island. I sacked 9 lobsters in the 7-9 pound class as weighed by my o boat scale.  Returned with 41 altogether.  Stayed on the boat from Sep 25-Oct-11.  Everything worked great.  We did run down the 206AH house bank after 4 days on the hook without help from engines.  That is with the fridge running and keeping ice cream frozen.  Got into some huge seas in the Santa Rosa channel on the front end of a gale.  Boat handled well even with a ton of extra weight.  With the load we carried on smooth seas I averaged 1.8-2 miles per gallon.  We were heavy!   

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2023, 06:54:56 AM »

Sounds like a great trip, and congrats on the bugs!  You MUST have been pretty heavy!  It's tough to get the mileage clear down to 2- mpg unless you're awfully heavy ... but the boat handles it fine.  Chuck Mazzola loaded his heavy for his trip into Mexico (1800 miles open-sea exposure) and went through some bad rough water too ... same report as yours ... the boat handled it well!   8) ;D
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>