Author Topic: Indiana  (Read 1516 times)

gump

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Indiana
« on: March 18, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »

Darrell from Martinsville, IN

hello all, been lurking around for a while. I have came to Great Alaskan via Cdory,Tolman havent owned or built either just my path of learning.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 10:19:26 PM »
Welcome aboard Darrell!

Easy to get hooked, thats how most of us started. 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 06:10:05 AM »

Welcome aboard and glad that you found the Great Alaskan!  You'll find LOTS of friendly advice around here and we all want to hear about and see (pix = good) your project when you get started!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 12:16:30 PM »
Now that you have joined our group be forewarned you may be a boat builder soon!! :) Welcome!!
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 10:31:26 AM »
I lasted about a week of perusing the site before I bought the plans and started planning. I spent about 6 months thinking hard if I had the resources and space to do the build, and then I dove in reconfiguring my space to make way, finishing up other projects, selling a few things I wasn't using and then buying my first batch of wood. Four months into the build and I've just about the hull all skinned. i wouldn't call this "easy" but it's also not rocket science as Brian's done all the hard work for us. Welcome aboard and I hope you find inspiration. - Randy H
Randy Henry, SILVERTON Oregon
Randy_Henry@msn.com