Author Topic: My Official build thread. 27 1/2’ GA  (Read 185168 times)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: My Official build thread. 27 1/2’ GA
« Reply #270 on: July 23, 2019, 06:31:17 AM »
Your the best!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #271 on: July 23, 2019, 09:45:35 AM »
Your the best!

Hmmmm.... that's not what my wife says?!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 23, 2019, 09:51:27 AM »
Maybe she.should.start a GA project!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 23, 2019, 01:06:25 PM »
Maybe she.should.start a GA project!

;D ;D ;D ;D ::) :o ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 27, 2019, 07:39:15 PM »
Hard to find time to do much of anything.  Got the bottom nearly glassed.  Just need to get a stripe down the keel. Took the night off.  Headed to Florence to dive up a dozen dungeness!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »
Hard to find time to do much of anything.  Got the bottom nearly glassed.  Just need to get a stripe down the keel. Took the night off.  Headed to Florence to dive up a dozen dungeness!

Are you diving around the docks?  We've pulled up some nice ones just sitting in lawn chairs down on the dock (I've got a favorite spot :) )

Brian

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2019, 05:03:34 PM »
On the north jetty there is a concrete entry/exit where you can walk into the bay.  I hear it was part of old cannery.  Anyway, from there we swim inland to a 50 foot deep hole.  It shallows up as you find your way to the center of the river.  Chase them around and come back the same way.  There are some old pipes so it’s easy to tell where your at.  I have a video of this dive on my YouTube channel. 
   I only got 5😢.  It was fun to get wet.  I’m used to about 100 dives a year.  Since I started the GA I have dove twice. 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
On the north jetty there is a concrete entry/exit where you can walk into the bay.  I hear it was part of old cannery.  Anyway, from there we swim inland to a 50 foot deep hole.  It shallows up as you find your way to the center of the river.  Chase them around and come back the same way.  There are some old pipes so it’s easy to tell where your at.  I have a video of this dive on my YouTube channel. 
   I only got 5😢.  It was fun to get wet.  I’m used to about 100 dives a year.  Since I started the GA I have dove twice.

5 is more than I have!!

Your GA will be your new dive platform.... :D

bd

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
The older I get the harder is to dive.  It’s a lot of extra weight and I’m not as flexible as I used to be.  Some asshole put my dry suit in the dryer, so there that.  I intend to build some sort of swim platform to gain access into the boat from the water.  Might be easier to have a nice ladder built that just hangs off the shear.  Like a swimming pool ladder for divers to gain entry back into the boat

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2019, 06:29:44 PM »
This is the longest I have gone without touching the boat.  I’m having withdraws.  My two fishing buddies each with their own boats gathered 84 albacore  between them yesterday.  Meanwhile I’m In Detroit of all places.   I did get a hat at the Henry Ford museum so far that’s the highlight!  I’ll wear it while I’m driving the beater!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 12, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »

That's called motivation... others out fishing while you're not!  When you're boat's done, there will come the day when your buddy's stay home and you go fishing ... 'cuz you get twice the gas mileage and high prices at the pump keep them home!

bd

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
I’m hoping to get some more unthickened epoxy on the side of the boat today. 
I was disappointed to see how many runs I had after my last batch had cured.  More darn sanding.  A tad bit more Fairing on the bow and chines and I will call it good. 

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
Are you working outside now Todd?

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »
Oh no.   Inside until the big reveal. I may move her out to put the cranes-in or blow the dust out for paint,  it it is being built inside

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2019, 05:50:09 PM »
Ah, I see. I was under the impression that you had the hull sitting outside to work on while you were installing your crane this summer...