Author Topic: My Official build thread. 27 1/2’ GA  (Read 185168 times)

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Official build thread. 27 1/2’ GA
« Reply #645 on: January 29, 2021, 03:00:37 PM »
Nice heater!

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 29, 2021, 05:57:55 PM »
It’s pretty big!    It won’t fit where I wanted to put it

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2021, 10:51:15 PM »
Nice heater!
Just a little jealous, been looking at those!
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2021, 11:20:06 PM »
I saved you one!

tom e

• Midshipman
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #649 on: January 31, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »
Todd j --

Re 24 hr delivery.

Twice I've bought fiberglass from <fiberglasssupply.com>, selected standard or base shipping option and the stuff arrived the next day or second day out max.  The caveat is that both of us are in western WA, so I donno to what extent that experience applies to other long distance locations.

BTW, their web site sucks, but their customer and tech support is excellent.

te
Tolman Jumbo launched Sept '22

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 31, 2021, 08:27:17 AM »
I agree that the website sucks too.  Just for arguements sake I live 15 miles west of west eugene.  In oregon.  The folks on the phone are super great.  I have never priced product elsewhere.  I like fiberglass supply.  I got my Viking next day too. 

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 31, 2021, 09:00:44 PM »
What is everyone doing for deck fills.  I don’t really want plastic and I can’t find squat.  I like these

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #652 on: February 01, 2021, 09:51:45 AM »
What is everyone doing for deck fills.  I don’t really want plastic and I can’t find squat.  I like these

I ended up going with a cheapie on amazon, I needed a 2" barb so my choices were limited. Easy part to replace if it sucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QJ37H9D/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Question for you Todd - who did you deal with for your seat? I have emailed Bentley's twice for no response, wondering if you have a contact over there or if you just called or emailed?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 09:53:46 AM by json »

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 01, 2021, 06:42:50 PM »
About the seat.   I just called and talked to who ever answered.   I was pretty easy.  Never did the email thing. 

About the deck fill.  Do you need to run a separate vent overboard?   Or is yours a vented deck fill?

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »
About the seat.   I just called and talked to who ever answered.   I was pretty easy.  Never did the email thing. 

About the deck fill.  Do you need to run a separate vent overboard?   Or is yours a vented deck fill?

Groovy, thx! I was thinking about a vented fill but just got a dedicated vent from go2marine or somebody like that and ran the 2 lines to a tee and then going to put them to the vent on the side of the hull near the fill and leave the fill separate. I couldn't find anything like the one you posted that looked decent that fit a 2" hose.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #655 on: February 02, 2021, 12:02:21 AM »

Groovy, thx! I was thinking about a vented fill but just got a dedicated vent from go2marine or somebody like that and ran the 2 lines to a tee and then going to put them to the vent on the side of the hull near the fill and leave the fill separate. I couldn't find anything like the one you posted that looked decent that fit a 2" hose.
[/quote]
I have read a few times the vent should not be near the fill. I can't remember exactly but seams like it was at least 12" away. I need to find that info again also pretty soon. Are you using the carbon canister in the vent line? I will try to post where I got my SS fill caps soon.
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #656 on: February 02, 2021, 05:35:10 AM »

Chuck ... You might be remembering Dan Boccia's advice to keep the vent line away from the fill ...on the tank itself.  If they're too close, the fuel rushing in tends to back up into the vent line and bugger up smooth filling.  On the other end, where the vent line goes, you definitely also want to keep the fuel out of the vent line but this is generally not a problem, even with combo fill/vent fills since the gas hose sticks into the tube ... the combo vent on the fill is above all that.

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #657 on: February 02, 2021, 07:18:10 AM »
Are you using the carbon canister in the vent line?

That's the missing piece. Thanks for pointing that out...

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 02, 2021, 08:13:41 AM »
I didn’t see anything in abyc fuel regs mentioning a carbon canister.   It’s a dull read but there is useful info there.

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 02, 2021, 08:22:43 AM »

I think each tank should have a stand alone vent.  Unless you have 2 vent fittings on the same tank.  Not sure where your tee fitting is.  Just my humble opinion