Author Topic: Epoxy Mixing Cart  (Read 1935 times)

WCR247

• Midshipman
  • Son of a Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Epoxy Mixing Cart
« on: November 01, 2020, 11:44:13 AM »
Please forgive me Brian. I was looking for the info about the Epoxy cart plans. It wouldn't pull up with the search function and I didn't see it in the manual. Can we sticky thread it here for everyone?
Sail away, Sail away, Three sheets to the wind. Live Hard, Die Hard, This ones for him.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Epoxy Mixing Cart
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 07:08:06 AM »
Please forgive me Brian. I was looking for the info about the Epoxy cart plans. It wouldn't pull up with the search function and I didn't see it in the manual. Can we sticky thread it here for everyone?

I don't have the complete plans yet either.  I need to check in with the guy that designed them ... he's working on producing a set of plans that are less technical in style, and I'm going to read and adjust the plans for readability and that sort of thing.  It's probably going to be 4 weeks or so ... the guy is retired and doesn't press too hard on projects :)  I'm excited about building one myself ... he's got 2 options, one uses all nuts and bolts and the other uses aluminum brazing ... a cleaner and stronger design that will never 'come loose' anywhere.  Here's a YouTubt video on how to do the aluminum brazing with just a handheld MAPP or propane torch ... the brazed version is what I want to build:

How to "Weld" Aluminum Without a Welder

And apparently, some aluminum brazing rods work better than others ... This guy leads you to a good selection:

Best "No Welder" Aluminum Brazing Rods

I'm excited about the aluminum brazing thing ... just think of the various brackets, furniture, accommodations etc that you can make with this technique?  I hadn't heard of it until I heard about The Freeman Cart ...

Brian

« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:10:40 AM by Brian.Dixon »
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

WCR247

• Midshipman
  • Son of a Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
Sounds great Brian. Nice to know I'm not losing my mind and just misread the thread. I thought I just wasn't smart enough to find the plans   :o . I have some minor welding experience, the aluminum brazing sounds like it'll be a fun experiment.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:08:23 PM by WCR247 »
Sail away, Sail away, Three sheets to the wind. Live Hard, Die Hard, This ones for him.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 06:27:05 AM »

I just received the version that uses nuts and bolts instead of the brazing and need to go through it ... FYI
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

WCR247

• Midshipman
  • Son of a Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »
Sounds great.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 07:00:44 AM »

I've got a 4-day weekend coming up and am going to try combining the files from the designer into a single-print PDF.  It's designed to be ring- or coil-bound so that as you flip pages up ... you get drawings on one side, instructions on the other.  I want to read through the design as though I'm building it and to find if anything's confusing or not ... We will likely build one this winter, even if we use it as a garden cart for now.  I'm intrigued by the tight-space maneuverability that it provides.

Brian