Author Topic: Greetings from another Alaskan.  (Read 4840 times)

AKDoug

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Greetings from another Alaskan.
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:51:20 PM »
I bought the plans back in 2007.  Still dreaming, but my shop should be coming together this summer. If the planets align I will start the boat this time next year.

I have a friend that is thinking along the same lines as me. We will see.

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from another Alaskan.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:02:25 AM »
Don't wait, just start, you will find the $$$ and time, believe me, I'm 54 and 'waited' too long for the right time and income, never happens. And I'm a boatbuilder! Just do it.  :)
Not waving....... Drowning!

AKDoug

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 07:25:18 PM »
:D  Alasks isn't too friendly to outdoor builds. House is done, shop goes up next summer, boat starts winter of 2011 :D

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:56 AM »
You know it... Now that we've moved to Wasilla, we finally built a real shop.  The builder took all summer, but it's done.  I just finished the wiring and insulation.  The interior vapor barrier is about 60% done.  I'm adding sheet rock along one wall this weekend, then a bench, then it's back to boat building.  My nice 60 kBTU heater is keeping it "warm and dry inside" all winter ...yeah!!!!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>