Author Topic: Upload folder full....  (Read 6773 times)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Upload folder full....
« on: May 23, 2010, 04:19:53 AM »
Hi Brian, seems the upload folder is full, Tried uploading more pix,.......
Not waving....... Drowning!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Upload folder full....
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 11:24:58 AM »
Hi Brian, seems the upload folder is full, Tried uploading more pix,.......

It's because your attachments were large, e.g. full-size images from your camera.  In general, that's kind of overkill for a forum since there is limited screen space for displaying anyway.

I made the following changes to make attaching files work a bit better:

- I increased the size limit for the upload folder
- I placed a limit on the size of attachments (now only 1 Mb, max)
- I placed a limit on the width of uploaded or inserted images (1024 pixels wide, max)

This combination of settings ought to help prevent the folder from filling up, and also allow more room as well.

A workaround is to insert an image that is located on the web somewhere, e.g. from your online gallery at photo bucket ...just click the 'photo' icon in the editor, then browse to your online gallery and copy the url of an image that you'd like to post, and past that URL between the IMG tags that the photo button inserted in your document ...try it and you'll see that it's easier said than done.  Example:

This is an inserted, not attached, image from your photobucket gallery ...and will not result in overflowing the attachments folder in the forum.  I prefer using this method for the following reasons:

a) It does not fill up any folders at the forum (which are subject to size limitations)
b) You see the full image without having to click on a thumbnail version first
c) It's really handy for those that already utilize online photo galleries such as photobucket

Brian
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>