Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Very nice! I looked for a weather window starting in mid-April, and there's only been one to squirt across the Gulf for a visit but it wasn't big enough. It's been an unusually stormy spring in Prince William Sound. Hope the boat is running nicely!
Very nice
Blood on the Deck! (And Other Grand Adventures!) / Re: Spring protein run
« Last post by json on Today at 09:53:00 AM »
That's great. Your finish in the cockpit looks awesome, super clean and super functional. I sure wish we had kings regularly down this way.

Perfect eaters and ... typical SE Alaska weather too, eh?  Glad you've got the right boat for it ... nice and warm, regardless, so you can fish to your heart's content!

Blood on the Deck! (And Other Grand Adventures!) / Spring protein run
« Last post by Lindy on May 17, 2024, 07:42:23 PM »
Ms Jones and I headed west in search of some fresh protein. We were able to get one nice King and a respectable Halibut. Weather was rainy wet and cold, and Sasta preformed exceptionally well. Going out we were driving into 3 and 4 foot steep chop. I was able to back down on the throttle and plane over the waves at 14 knots. I am impressed on how this boat can stay on plane at such low speed and float over the waves, unlike those heavy aluminum boats. Also, we spent a few days with the weather poring rain in the low forties. Great thing is that the boat hull does not sweat one drop, and the heater kept us toasty warm. Again, a benefit of wood vs aluminum. More adventures as summer comes to Southeast Alaska.
General Discussion about the Great Alaskan / Re: Perko door handle
« Last post by Brian.Dixon on May 17, 2024, 05:55:42 PM »
Cool!  Glad to see you got it fixed!  This info will help someone else ...

General Discussion about the Great Alaskan / Re: Perko door handle
« Last post by Todd j on May 17, 2024, 07:58:38 AM »
Once I took a look at the new piece to replace the broken one I saw how it is put together.  I simply repaired the old one and filed away the new one real simple with a brass punch. 
Projects - Glacier Boats of Alaska boat projects / Re: GA Boat Trailer Build.
« Last post by Todd j on May 15, 2024, 10:27:31 PM »
Sweet corner gussets!
More pictures. 
Couple of more pictures of the trailer build.

If you do a lot of fabrication projects.  Look into Fireball tool. They make a lot of handy widgets for welding!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10