Author Topic: Photo gallery  (Read 16732 times)

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Photo gallery
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »
Thought i would put in an up date on our sea trials. We took the boat out for a weekend run this last weekend. We left Everett and went to Anacortes friday morning then made a full sweep of the San Juans. Total miles was 210 miles... after our return home.  Posting a few more pics. Everything about this boat has been great, even found some 3ft chop and very happy with the ride!!

Mark,

I have a friend that lives near you on 30th St. and have seen your boat from the street driving by.  I wanted to stop when we got back from shrimping but your boat was gone, I assume more sea trials.  I would love to stop and take a look up close.  Not sure when I will get back up there but I will send a pm in advance if that is acceptable.

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »
Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival,  we had to show her off this one time. Soooooo many people mistake her for a fiberglass boat.... hahaha

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 07:35:40 AM »
They think it's fiberglass because your boat looks very professionally done and 99% of the fiberglass boats on the planet are white :)

Looks huge sitting in the water like that ... awesome!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 06:44:59 AM »
My less than photographic memory reminds me that Brian says a rockport has yet to be built.  Does any have a picture of a finished Prince Rupert?   Seems like the Newport is the most popular design.  If you have pics a PR please post here.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »
My less than photographic memory reminds me that Brian says a rockport has yet to be built.  Does any have a picture of a finished Prince Rupert?   Seems like the Newport is the most popular design.  If you have pics a PR please post here.

It seems that the Newport style pilot house is most common, but the down-sloping cuddy that the Newport uses has only been built on Kent Cannon's boat that I know of.  The Prince Rupert actually has a cuddy that slopes upward (somewhat along the lines of the sheer) and nobody's built that yet even though it has the most room inside .... and though several have said they were building a Prince Rupert, I haven't seen a finished one yet.  No Rockports yet.  Most builders utilize something that can best be described as the "Newport Pilot House Plus Rockport Cuddy".  Adrian P in Gresham, Oregon, designed his own walk-through cuddy that turned out really nice.  LOL.... That's the nice thing about building your own boat.  You get to make it exactly the way YOU want it.

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2019, 09:28:45 AM »
Anyone interested in sharing a semi close up of the topside bow.  I’m looking for photos of anchor wells and anchor/windlass layout scenarios

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2019, 01:52:54 PM »
We went with a windlass

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2019, 05:49:20 PM »
Do you have any other pics of the chain locker. Build pics?

Dennis

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »
Twisted, I have never used/owned a windlass.  Looks like the only way to service chain and road is to remove the windlass.  Is that the only way into the locker or do you have a sturdy waterproof hatch in the cuddy?   You have a beautiful build.  We would love to see more photos.  Thanks for sharing!

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2019, 05:30:51 PM »
We built in a bulkhead for the anchor locker in the very forward area and have access to the rode and chain from inside the Vbirth. We angled the floor of the locker to drain water to either side of the boat. We copied the Seasport we own.

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
Soliciting opinions re: the shape of the aft house windows.  Planning a second station and trying to maximize vision through the house while sticking to the design elements

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2020, 05:33:18 PM »

Looks good to me ... what's the lower-left opening for?

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
My wife couldn’t even tell that the windows didn’t have square corners when I asked her. That is to access the space where my diesel and auxiliary grey water container will be stored.  Refer to the rotopax discussion.   I also plan on storing my portable toilet in there.   
   It satisfies my irrational concern for unwanted odors in the house.   If they are gonna get me now they have to permeate the entire hull for me to get a whiff.   I hope

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2020, 07:46:21 AM »
My wife couldn’t even tell that the windows didn’t have square corners when I asked her. That is to access the space where my diesel and auxiliary grey water container will be stored.  Refer to the rotopax discussion.   I also plan on storing my portable toilet in there.   
   It satisfies my irrational concern for unwanted odors in the house.   If they are gonna get me now they have to permeate the entire hull for me to get a whiff.   I hope

Gotcha, thanks.  The best place, in use or not, for a porta-potty is right up front in the anchor well.  Solves lots of issues, fun, people only look ONCE :D :D :D