Author Topic: Insurance for my GA  (Read 738 times)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Insurance for my GA
« on: September 13, 2022, 07:37:53 PM »
I’ve been trying to get a policy for two months now.  I got solid NO from Farmers, Foremost, Progressive, Markel, Anchor Marine, and Ron Brockmann Agency. Including their underwriters.   
  Pretty much hard to insure something that doesn’t exist in a book for quick lookup.  Insurance companies don’t like home built boats, boats that are not made from a kit, and boats that have fiberglass over wood, boats that are trailered, and boats over 26’.  These are the reasons I remember off the top of my head. 
  I had no idea this would be such a PITA.  It probably wouldn’t have stopped me from building, but I may have thought twice about beforehand.  I have no regrets, but I was getting pretty queezy there for awhile.
  I don’t know what everyone else’s experience has been, but I know I’m not the only one who has had difficulty finding a policy.   
   With Brian’s permission maybe we could make a sticky to include the YES agents/brokers.  With that I would like to give a plug to

Michael Coulbourne of State Farm
Eugene, OR 541-689-1799
Molly Renne was who put everything together for me. She was great!   And they answer the phone with a real people.  Hope this helps

Dan Boccia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Insurance for my GA
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 11:09:45 PM »
Excellent idea to get this all in one spot. Getting insurance was a royal PITA for me too.
I have had excellent success with Dewar Insurance Company in Anchorage, who shopped all over for me and got what I wanted. First time I've ever used a "middleman" insurance broker for anything - but they had connections I would have never found.