Author Topic: Building a 27'-0 GA  (Read 3961 times)

Scott L

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Building a 27'-0 GA
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2023, 05:45:52 PM »
The motors are on and the boat tested on the water. The performance was amazing. I'm a believer in this hull design it was a dry ride and reaching speeds to 47 mph and I and sure well will find some more.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2023, 06:32:05 PM »

Sweet!  BEAUTIFUL boat!  47 mph?  Is that a new GA record?

Is this your first launch?  Now I've got two people to send swag to.  PM me your mailing address!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2023, 07:28:07 PM »
Thats awesome Scott.  Must have found some insurance?  If you post re: insurance maybe Brian can add it to the thread I started.   Insurance for these boats just should not be so difficult!  Did you get a survey?   I would be interested to see how the 300 feels compared to my 250.  It's impossible to tell in the photo, but I suspect I am Heavier.  The 250 Suzuki is no slouch.  Nice boat, quick build!

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2023, 08:14:16 PM »
Very cool! Congrats on getting it on the water, looks like you built a screamer!

Scott L

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2023, 08:15:46 PM »
Thanks Brian and Todd, As far as insurance are home owners is covering it but once the survey is done I will start shopping around they aren't big on long ocean adventures. Y Marina did the install and test the boats. They were impressed with the boat handling and performance and I was happy with it as well. The tide was ripping out and we took it between the jetties  with 5 and 6 foot ebbing rollers , the boat handled incredible with no water splash on the windows. The 300 with 9.9 kicker is under 700lbs and they perform.

Scott L

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2023, 08:24:17 PM »
Thanks Json hope you have your boat back on the water getting ready for tuna.