Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 1635 times)

Dhuie

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introduction
« on: June 11, 2022, 04:31:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am a boat building tragic, just finishing off my current build, and already looking towards the next (which may very well be a Great Alaskan).  I live on the southern tip of Western Australia which experiences cold, wet winters (but probably nothing compared to Alaska), but we have very rough ocean conditions - with the weather coming straight off Antarctica via the deep Southern Ocean.  I generally fish in waters 70+ metres deep, and I think I would appreciate some more creature comforts that my current centre console boat offers.  I would love to lurk around the forum, adding to the conversation where I can, whilst I make up my mind if a Great Alaskan is right for me.
Cheers,
Dhuie

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2022, 07:19:54 AM »

Welcome aboard!  The forum is pretty active - you may find answers just by searching, but I highly recommend posting questions as well ... you're sure to inspire lots of discussion!
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

sprig1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 03:15:48 PM »
  Welcome to the group a lot of good people here. Were are you located in Western Australia? I’ve just traveled through the area around Busselton and further south along the southern coast. A longtime ago. Beautiful area. I’m just a lurker here trying to learn as much as I can.  I hope to start building a Great Alaskan in the fall. Good luck enjoy the journey.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 08:15:19 AM »
Dhuie,

Welcome aboard!  Please post some pics of the boat you built and of course some pics of the big ocean or fish we love all of it.

Cheers,

Rbob

Dhuie

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 05:27:06 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Rbob, I live in a small coastal town called Denmark, which is close to the regional city of Albany - its on the southern tip of Western Australia.

Here are a couple of pics the previous boat that I built - I recently sold this one (hope the pics work as these were posted to photo bucket before they pulled the pin on free hosting).

I am closing in on the finishing stages of my current build, but the images are hosted on the designers forum and I cant seem to get them posted here.
Might have to look at upgrading and paying for photo bucket if I cant find another method of posting photos.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 07:46:31 AM »
Dhuie,

Maybe instead of the photos you could post a link to the forum.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 09:14:38 AM »
Welcome to the Group! Nice looking center console! Build a GA to go with it. I have a Tolman WideBody CC and a 31foot GA Kodiak. Both have there intended uses boats are like fishing poles, need a different one for each type of fishing you do....lol
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2022, 07:38:05 AM »

Love the CC speed boat!  You did a great job on it!  If you build a GA, it'll be SWEET!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 09:05:23 AM »

Love the CC speed boat!  You did a great job on it!  If you build a GA, it'll be SWEET!
Reel Sweet :)
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Dhuie

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 06:11:15 AM »
Thanks for the compliments on the CC guys.  Its a Bowdidge Marine Design Seastike 18, plywood composite.  Took me 2.5 years to build in my spare time.

Maybe instead of the photos you could post a link to the forum.
Unfortunately the forum is not public (it is only accessible to builders) so I cant post a link.

Im still trolling through the forum gathering info - there is some great builds here!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 06:29:54 AM »

Reel Sweet :)

Only if painted red?

;D 8) ::)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 06:43:53 AM »

Beautiful job on your 28-foot GA, Kris!  Welcome to the team!

Brian