Author Topic: Weighsafe trailer hitches  (Read 603 times)

sprig1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Weighsafe trailer hitches
« on: May 20, 2023, 06:04:19 AM »
I bought one of these hitches.  It has a scale on the hitch. They have factory seconds. A few little scratches. Sure makes weight distribution easier. Weigh-safe.com

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Weighsafe trailer hitches
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2023, 08:07:50 AM »
I bought one of these hitches.  It has a scale on the hitch. They have factory seconds. A few little scratches. Sure makes weight distribution easier. Weigh-safe.com

You'll have to let us know how you like it.  Watch a few YouTube videos on what happens with too-light of a load on the tongue and you'll be convinced of the value of these hitches ...

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 11:06:59 PM »
I bought one.  Paid extra to have all the hitch pins and goodies keyed alike.  It weighs lite compared to my math. Or otherwise does as advertised

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 06:41:20 AM »
I bought one.  Paid extra to have all the hitch pins and goodies keyed alike.  It weighs lite compared to my math. Or otherwise does as advertised

Which do you think is off?  Your math or the what the hitch says?  Impossible to tell?  I guess for safety, erring in the direction of reading light is more likely than not with the hitch.  How much different were your calcs?

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 09:36:19 PM »
I had my tongue weight calculated at around 800 pounds.  The hitch says a hair over 500 pounds.  Maybe one day I’ll drop it on the scale and see what it really weighs.  It might be more accurate than my math.  Either way I like the hitch