Author Topic: Oderless marine toilets  (Read 6887 times)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Oderless marine toilets
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
Two systems -

1. The natural way, good cross ventilation and good bugs in the grey water tank.
It really IS possible to have a completely odor-free system!--honest!!!
This is an excerpt from Peggie Hall of The Hall Group's doc on 'Head's fact v's folklaw Peggy Hall.doc'
Read ODOR CONTROL doc attached below.

2. Odervac toilet - fart sucker! don't laugh! true, if you install one there is no smell in the dunny!

or 3 really - bucket an chucket.....
Not waving....... Drowning!

kellyfell

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Re: Oderless marine toilets
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 05:37:32 PM »
Wow, I think your idea is so novel. :)
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 04:28:06 PM »
You can buy biodegradable bags that fit a 5-gal bucket ...just put a few of those in the bottom of the bucket, some medium sized rocks, then when it's time to go ...just toss a rock in the bag first, do your duty, tie off the top of the bag and punch a small air hole in it ...then over the side it goes.  It'll sink to the bottom and biodegrade naturally ...no different than having shark poop in the sea, eh?  And the USCG can't prove a thing without hiring a submarine...  Just in case they haven't noticed ...WE live on this planet too!

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

kellyfell

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »
Thanks for the post.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »
You can buy biodegradable bags that fit a 5-gal bucket ...just put a few of those in the bottom of the bucket, some medium sized rocks, then when it's time to go ...just toss a rock in the bag first, do your duty, tie off the top of the bag and punch a small air hole in it ...then over the side it goes.  It'll sink to the bottom and biodegrade naturally ...no different than having shark poop in the sea, eh?  And the USCG can't prove a thing without hiring a submarine...  Just in case they haven't noticed ...WE live on this planet too!

bd

hahahahaha I like ur style Brian!
Not waving....... Drowning!

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 08:23:14 AM »

bd

hahahahaha I like ur style Brian!
Sounds like a SOLID plan to me
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

mikeyairtime

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:08:51 PM »
My experience with the typical marine head smell (that smell that permeates every old boat) is that it is the saltwater in the MSD that makes it so bad. I switched to a fresh water toilet and that nasty smell is gone.