Author Topic: Can I build the transom first?  (Read 75888 times)

starbright55

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Re: Can I build the transom first?
« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2016, 03:29:49 PM »
Vincent,  any updates here?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2016, 10:25:07 AM »
Tried reaching him via private messages and email too ...no answer and it's been several months.  Who knows?

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

starbright55

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »
Tried reaching him via private messages and email too ...no answer and it's been several months.  Who knows?

Brian
Bummer - things were moving along so well.

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »
He sold it, went through a divorce. Part of the settlement was that he had to sell his boat... What a bitch! That is the F'ing you get for the ...
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

starbright55

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2016, 06:41:19 PM »
He sold it, went through a divorce. Part of the settlement was that he had to sell his boat... What a bitch! That is the F'ing you get for the ...
That sucks. I think that's been the fate of many [former] Tolman/GA owners. I never saw it for sale - I would have bought it  (it was in CA and it was the hull I am going to build ).

I'd better keep prepping my wife for what's to come - "honey, you know this is a multi year project", etc.  I don't want any marital strife!  We've final got the new house with the huge side yard  (moving in shortly ). I've started sketching again and rereading the manual in preparation.