Author Topic: November in Kachemak Bay  (Read 13667 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: November in Kachemak Bay
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 12:58:47 AM »
Learning curve?  Looks like you're doing great to me!

I caught a fish with the wire in it once ...got inspected with a wand at the dock, and they used a saw (!) to take a square chunk out of the fish's head and off they went.  Never got any kind of report...

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
When my nephew got married last summer Zelda and I gave them an all-expenses paid trip to AK from CO, including 3 days of fishing aboard the Pau Hana.  Troll skipper Zelda and deck hand Dave.  They limited on kings two of those days.  The middle day was mostly sightseeing around the Bay. Sent those kids home with a big box of king salmon.

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2015, 09:56:24 PM »

So, with our nephew and his wife here last week, we struck out on halibut but got them limits of kings.  Son Jesse and his family are here now, and today we ran out to the "compass rose" and got on a chicken pile.  Got these 7 in about 45 minutes.  Cooler was full and kids were seasick and whining so we called it.  Long way out but worth it to see my kid and his awesome bride haul in some 'buts aboard the Pau Hana.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
Your making a lot of good memories for everyone... looks like great trips!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 03:02:04 PM »
Dave,
That looks like some good eating down the road! Nothing beats time on the water anymore, I live for it and sure am anxious to get my boat finished and on the water!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »
Today we targeted king salmon at the head of the Bay, outside Bear Cove.  Jesse and Cheryl got their limits of kings, all 10 to 14 lbs.  Of the four three were white kings.  What a great feeling to put loved ones on the fish!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:31 AM »
Love all the pix too!  Great to see so many smiles!

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 02:06:45 PM »
Yesterday was Jesse's family's last day of fishing.  Cheryl made the most of it with this slab of a 25 pounder, posing with Zelda the trolling skipper.  Two days running we had seals take fish we had on.  Never had that happen before.  Also caught a sockeye trolling, another first.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 08:16:27 PM »
An amazing fishery you have Dave, especially love those halibut.

Keep the pics coming!