Author Topic: I put an article on my blog about my Great Alaskan Build  (Read 6105 times)

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
I put an article on my blog about my Great Alaskan Build
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
I put a blog post up on my blog, in regards to my GA build with links back to this forum and links to The Tolman site as well as to both the Salt Water Workshop and that of West Coast Boat Works for any of those who may be interested in building their own boat. You can check it out at: http://wp.me/p224L7-sN
I hope that it generates some business for you guys!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: I put an article on my blog about my Great Alaskan Build
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
Awesome, Kent!  Thanks!

Looks like you're a fellow Kokanee fan!  I really love fishing for (catching and keeping) Kokanee... I used to fish for them on a regular basis on Green Peter Reservoir in Oregon back when I lived down there.  My brother's a big fan too and can be found up there on a regular basis...

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 02:13:51 PM »
Awesome, Kent!  Thanks!

Looks like you're a fellow Kokanee fan!  I really love fishing for (catching and keeping) Kokanee... I used to fish for them on a regular basis on Green Peter Reservoir in Oregon back when I lived down there.  My brother's a big fan too and can be found up there on a regular basis...

Brian
I have probably met him, over the years. I published a book three years ago, strictly about fishing for kokanee. I spend probably fifty percent of my free time split between near shore and inland fishing for kokanee. Looking forward to being able to do more offshore fishing with my new boat!
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:52 PM »
Best wishes on your project.  I'm always available if you have questions.  It's good to see another GA get going.

Dave in Homer

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 07:24:28 PM »
Best wishes on your project.  I'm always available if you have questions.  It's good to see another GA get going.

Dave in Homer

Thanks Dave, it was your build that actually lit the fire under my butt :o, but everything came together and I'm off like a herd of turtles!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 10:19:09 PM »
You still selling those kokanee books?  The ebook and the other one?  The links / cart don't seem to work for me.  We plan on moving to N. Idaho sometime in the next several years, and you can bet that I'll be getting back into the kokanee fishing...

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 09:33:09 AM »
You can get them on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Kokanee-Obsession-D-Kent-Cannon/dp/0615433901/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1429716476&sr=8-14&keywords=Kokanee
I will have to check out my online store and see what is up with the links!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »
Got it.  Thanks!  Didn't see the ebook though.

bd

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »
If you get the printed version, don't get the book. It is a much condensed version...

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 09:18:20 PM »
Gotcha!  i've got the book on my wish list and have a couple of other things that we need from Amazon... so will collect up the order and add the book to it :)

Brian