Author Topic: Depoe Bay Oregon  (Read 4724 times)

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
Depoe Bay Oregon
« on: July 24, 2015, 11:11:24 AM »
Took a few days off from my GA build, rented a house over in Lincoln City and hauled the boat over. It is a yearly get together, bunch of people that I went to school with in Redmond OR. I took out two people, and ended up spending my "fishing" time being mate and captain. It was a little rough, for greenhorns to be moving around the boat, so I did all of that to keep from loosing someone over the side. Fishing was spotty, but we dropped a couple of pots about a mile out filled with venison liver and squid.
Wind started picking up, so I called the fishing and headed in to pick up the pots. First pot was loaded with crab, probably eighteen or so, all of them large. After throwing back the females we ended up with eleven nice sized dungeness. We headed over to the other pot, knowing we were in a real honey hole and crab was the feature meal of the day.  Pulled the pot only to find it completely empty, still loaded with bait. Someone had pulled my pot for me and helped themselves just before we got there. Man I was pissed! Two pots fifty yards apart, one loaded and one empty... >:(
We still had plenty of crab to go around though, especially when we also threw some venison wrapped in bacon on the Barbie  ;D The cooker could have only held a couple more crab, so all is well that ended well. I hope that the other folks enjoyed my crab, and afterwards poop a fell back in it...
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Depoe Bay Oregon
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:41:19 AM »
I'm totally jealous!  I really miss crabbing in Oregon!  Sorry to hear about your stolen crab though ...at least they left you with the pot.  I've had pots stolen in Newport AND Waldport. 

Yer makin' me hongry......

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Home Designer, Home Design, House Plans, Remodel Plans, Drafting Service, Salem Oregon and surrounding area
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »
I'm totally jealous!  I really miss crabbing in Oregon!  Sorry to hear about your stolen crab though ...at least they left you with the pot.  I've had pots stolen in Newport AND Waldport. 

bd
Sweeter than honey baby from the deep... We dropped them a mile offshore to prevent that kind of crap. They are lucky they missed us...
Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic was built by professionals.
Started building Paula J the 2nd Week of June 2015, finished her the second week of July 2016.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 04:46:51 PM »

bd
Sweeter than honey baby from the deep... We dropped them a mile offshore to prevent that kind of crap. They are lucky they missed us...

Hey ...Did you know that the shot from a .410 pistol CANNOT be matched up to the pistol that shot it?  No traceability?  I'm just sayin'... And at OUR house, we don't dial 911!  Yuk yuk...

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Cannon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 12:11:27 AM »

bd

Hey ...Did you know that the shot from a .410 pistol CANNOT be matched up to the pistol that shot it?  No traceability?  I'm just sayin'... And at OUR house, we don't dial 911!  Yuk yuk...
Why call when it takes on average twenty minutes for them to respond. With the high cost of ammo, warning shots are not offered either...

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »

bd

Why call when it takes on average twenty minutes for them to respond. With the high cost of ammo, warning shots are not offered either...

And it's easier to explain to the police officer 'what happened' after it's all over than "what's happening" while the perp is still shooting at you... and if you do it right, there's no chance of a conflicting story, if you know what I mean..... heh heh.