Author Topic: Mark and Barb Burnett  (Read 3722 times)

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Mark and Barb Burnett
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:39:23 PM »
Hello, we just downloaded the plans for a GA. We plan to start building a 28ft Newport at the end of March. Like everyone else we are looking for something economical can handle big water and can go some distance.

We are avid fishers and love salmon and halibut fishing here in the NW. We are in Lake Stevens WA but try not to limit our fishing adventures to local waters (Puget Sound). We enjoy venturing North to Canada and South to Westport mostly. It would be nice to venture further north by water.

We have built one other boat that we finished mid August. It was nothing like a GA but its a boat hahaha... It was an open 15ft stitch and glue skiff (its called a Tango Skiff) added pic below.

Anyway, I'm sure I will have questions and hope to lean on a couple of you veteran builders haha. BTW is there anyone in the Seattle area that has built a GA that wouldn't mind us taking a look at the real thing?

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mark and Barb Burnett
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »
Welcome, Barb and Mark.  You're going to love the GA.  I launched mine in July and we've been having a ball with it.

I think there are two in Oregon and two in AK that have been launched.  Check my thread in projects and don't hesitate to ask lots of questions and post lots of pics.

Best of luck,

Dave in Homer

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 03:19:08 AM »
Hello, we just downloaded the plans for a GA. We plan to start building a 28ft Newport at the end of March. Like everyone else we are looking for something economical can handle big water and can go some distance.

We are avid fishers and love salmon and halibut fishing here in the NW. We are in Lake Stevens WA but try not to limit our fishing adventures to local waters (Puget Sound). We enjoy venturing North to Canada and South to Westport mostly. It would be nice to venture further north by water.

We have built one other boat that we finished mid August. It was nothing like a GA but its a boat hahaha... It was an open 15ft stitch and glue skiff (its called a Tango Skiff) added pic below.

Anyway, I'm sure I will have questions and hope to lean on a couple of you veteran builders haha. BTW is there anyone in the Seattle area that has built a GA that wouldn't mind us taking a look at the real thing?

Woah, that's a beautiful finish Mark & Barb, you'll make a great boat builder! Wanna job?
Not waving....... Drowning!

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:47:28 PM »
Welcome Mark and Barb,

Cant wait to see your progress, looks like you have plenty of experience so it should go a lot easier and faster.

Bob