Author Topic: GA30 in Silverton Oregon  (Read 24792 times)

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: GA30 in Silverton Oregon
« Reply #345 on: December 25, 2021, 01:01:13 PM »
Theres this option as well that Ive found. It would go on the port stern area which would keep the water weight toward the back. That would probably counter balance the effluent tank.
Randy Henry, SILVERTON Oregon
Randy_Henry@msn.com

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #346 on: December 29, 2021, 10:52:34 AM »
How long in is the tank?  It can pass through the aft house bulkhead if you want - how long will your house be?  Cockpit length?
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2022, 08:34:31 PM »
My latest video - the collision chamber. Not my best video as some things got left out. It was my own ineptitude that made figuring out the instructions so difficult. Once I realized what we are trying to do it was easy but it took me a while. I did coat the inside of the chamber with fiberglass cloth and three coats of resin, same for the outside. It seems very solid and well sealed. Not totally sure about my hatch but I’ll do more on that later.

I dry fitted my bow rail I bought a year ago and it fits great, so that’s a big bonus as it only cost me $100.

Epoxy is tough now. E-Bond is sold out through at least March they tell me. I’m trying a supplier that is somewhat competitive on Amazon and did a quick delivery of six gallons. I hope it’s good.

I’ve continued purchasing hardware and electronics and just got a deal on a NIB Blue Sea Systems AC/DC panel plus some solar controls, an in-dash instrument depth finder NIB, inflatable bumpers, solar controls, wire, toilet, dc-dc charger, 3000 watt inverter, stereo amp, ratchet mounts for antennas, and a WeBoost cell phone amplifier. So, making good progress.

I retire in TWO WEEKS!!! Of course, I got a jury summons for my first day of freedom, but after that it’s full time building for a while. I even got my motor ordered though it could be July before it arrives.

Here’s the video. https://youtu.be/04tCNNeHjJo

I really need to diagram my equipment placement - maybe this weekend if crowds are light at the Portland Boat Show.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 08:38:39 PM by rhenryinoregon »
Randy_Henry@msn.com

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2022, 10:48:46 PM »
Crash chamber looks great Randy! Congrats on retirement, that's awesome. More time for boat work is a plus, although in my limited experience my wife seems to take most of it... lol

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 13, 2022, 11:38:17 AM »
Randy,

I like your bowrail and at the price I would not pass it up either, so cool.

The bow thruster intrigues me, how does it install and how does the wiring install?

and Congrats on the Retirement!

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #350 on: January 13, 2022, 12:11:28 PM »
The bow thruster tube went in very early in the build. The instructions were pretty good and they have a help line. Im told if youre doing twin outboards its kind of redundant but I feel it would be helpful for this length of boat and a single. Wiring looks straight forward. Chuck covered his installation pretty well so his build thread probably would be most helpful. When I get to the motor  install and wiring Ill do a whole video. Ill probably get there in the next 6 weeks.
Randy_Henry@msn.com

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:04 PM »
The bow thruster tube went in very early in the build. The instructions were pretty good and they have a help line. Im told if youre doing twin outboards its kind of redundant but I feel it would be helpful for this length of boat and a single. Wiring looks straight forward. Chuck covered his installation pretty well so his build thread probably would be most helpful. When I get to the motor  install and wiring Ill do a whole video. Ill probably get there in the next 6 weeks.
Yes a bow thruster with twins is redundant unless your trying to reverse your stern into the dock at the same time as controlling the bow in a strong wind or current.
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #352 on: January 13, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »
Sorry Chuck. Spoke out of turn!
Randy_Henry@msn.com

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2022, 12:30:00 PM »
Hi gang! Things are moving along nicely now. Windshield frames are up so Im turning my attention to the under-floor arrangements. Ive got a 41 gallon tank that is 46 long, a 90 gallon tank that is 77 long, and two 15 gallon water tanks that could be a 24 block or placed end to end down the center at 48 long. Itll have a 200 and 9.9 Suzuki on the back, two boat batteries and two house batteries. The aft two feet of the boat are like Chucks - a euro transom/sea bracket with nothing significant under it. Brian - best locations to get balance? The 90 gallon tank should stay aft as I dont want to raise the deck in the cabin and it needs another couple inches. Below are some photos of possible layouts. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks.
Randy_Henry@msn.com

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2022, 02:22:54 PM »

Your marked-up floor planing drawing (3rd pic above) looks about right, e.g. weights (not counting motors/brackets) centered approximately around the CG.  The motors/brackets are already included in the determination of the boat's CG.
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2022, 05:21:16 PM »
Thanks Brian. I guess Ill go ahead and start installing supports then.
Randy_Henry@msn.com

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2022, 06:21:03 PM »
For Brian reference...
Randy_Henry@msn.com