Author Topic: 32 Gallon Livewell is done, just have to finish the rest of the boat!!!!  (Read 3836 times)

xrayengineer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
With some spare time last week, I build this livewell using a fiberglass mold that I made.  It is going to go dead center of the fishing deck so that anyone can go get live bait without bothering anyone else.  When I get closer to plumbing this in, I will have to get help on where to put the high speed pickup scoops for the pumps.  I will need one for the bait well pump and one for the saltwater washdown pump.  I wonder if you can just put them anywhere along the "keel" about a foot from centerline....?
Livewell has about 5 layers of glass and about two gallons of nasty polyester resin.  But the Blue Gelcoat looks Cool!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:31:05 PM by xrayengineer »

sayswho

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 32 Gallon Livewell is done, just have to finish the rest of the boat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:02 AM »
With some spare time last week, I build this livewell using a fiberglass mold that I made.  It is going to go dead center of the fishing deck so that anyone can go get live bait without bothering anyone else.  When I get closer to plumbing this in, I will have to get help on where to put the high speed pickup scoops for the pumps.  I will need one for the bait well pump and one for the saltwater washdown pump.  I wonder if you can just put them anywhere along the "keel" about a foot from centerline....?
Livewell has about 5 layers of glass and about two gallons of nasty polyester resin.  But the Blue Gelcoat looks Cool!
Are you able to repost pics of your bait tank. I'm looking for ideas. I originally planned on putting it on the swim platform but now that you mention not being in the way others, your idea sounds better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »
While the forum is sort of hobbling along ...I'm fighting issues with file and folder permissions that prevent the forums from looking right and is preventing attachments and images from being readable ...and other weirdness.  I'm working on redeploying the forum to a new host that'll fix these issues, but my wife and I are also busy moving into a new house and are pretty short on time.  I think the forum will be fixed within a couple of weekends though... In the mean time... thanks for your patience!

NOTE: The pix in the post above should show up again once the issues are fixed, and posting new pictures may not work for now.....

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

sayswho

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »
Much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk