Author Topic: The Great Alaskan on Facebook...  (Read 5205 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
The Great Alaskan on Facebook...
« on: October 04, 2017, 10:56:34 AM »
Hey ... Finally finished setting up our Facebook page ... more coming soon:

https://www.facebook.com/glacier.boats.of.alaska  <- VISIT!  Like!!  SHARE!!!

Thanks!
Brian
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:32:19 PM by Brian.Dixon »
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Alaskan on Facebook...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 06:41:15 AM »
I saw your announcement on FB.   Looks like you are offering other designs.  I don't see any difference on the glacierboats website.  The snapshot on FB looks different than anything I see here.  Are there any changes we should be able to see as of yet?

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:31:44 PM »
Todd J,

It's a slow moving animal and I'm always too busy ... but pushing hard to get a line of smaller boats in the works.  First is a simple camp boat, next will likely be a drift boat and a 'power drifter' (aka 'Rapid Roberts').  I have a 22' sled partially in the works, a 17+ ft fast fisher (like a Tracker or Lund), a 17+ ft fly fishing skiff (stable, stand-up in it) etc. that'll come out eventually.

First things first though, and getting the underlying web site changes finished were key - the database design changed, and the website application had to change to fit.  That's done.  To add additional designs to the site, I need a home page that points to different groups of designs (or boat designers if someone else would like to offer plans via our site).  The current Great Alaskan page will become the 'detail page' for that boat, and somewhat of a model for how other boats will be exhibited too.

And if that's not enough, I need to implement my own PayPal based shopping cart so I can get away from e-Junkie and can do fun things like automatic permissions for various plans sets given at the time of purchase, instead of it being an afterwards manual process like it is now.

I also want to suck the how-to content out of the Great Alaskan plans and create a Wood Composite Boat Building book too....

ALL that said ... I'll get going on the simple camp boat and try to follow with the drift boat next.  As usual, the designs will come with options ... length and height mostly. 

Back to work!  I'm working on the camp boat this weekend (a friend wants that one right away).....

Brian

PS: My wife asked when I'll be done with all this stuff ... I said, "Never!"

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 07:46:40 PM »
That's great!!  Best of luck with all the designs.  I think once a few hit the water they too will gain momentum as did the GA.  I look forward to reading more builds!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:30 AM »
That's great!!  Best of luck with all the designs.  I think once a few hit the water they too will gain momentum as did the GA.  I look forward to reading more builds!

I'm having fun, and that's my main motivation :D

Brian

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:00:02 AM »
I tried to click the link to twisted1 photos from FB.  It doesn't work for me, it says it is forbidden!   I had the same trouble with the link to the new GA sheets too.  I even forward it to different device.  I don't know if it's just me?   

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:41:06 AM »
I tried to click the link to twisted1 photos from FB.  It doesn't work for me, it says it is forbidden!   I had the same trouble with the link to the new GA sheets too.  I even forward it to different device.  I don't know if it's just me?

Fixed!  I had pasted in a bad link.  The link in the FB post works now.... thanks for the heads up!

Brian

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 11:24:30 AM »
Brian - I would love to hear more about the sled plans, is that project abandoned or is there a hope of it getting completed at some point? I have the plans for Tracy O'Brien's Deadrise 19 that I was going to stretch to 22ish when I am done with my current build, but I would be quite interested to see what you had cooking along the same lines.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 03:07:02 PM »
Brian - I would love to hear more about the sled plans, is that project abandoned or is there a hope of it getting completed at some point? I have the plans for Tracy O'Brien's Deadrise 19 that I was going to stretch to 22ish when I am done with my current build, but I would be quite interested to see what you had cooking along the same lines.

I've got the basic lines and initial analysis done, but am forever short on time.  Not sure when I'll get a chance to get back on a bigger project like that one ... but don't want to give up on it either.  Might toss a light drift pram or jon boat into the list at some point too.  Too many ideas, too little time :)

Brian