Author Topic: A house for my GA  (Read 29718 times)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: A house for my GA
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2018, 09:42:28 PM »
Odell has broke my stuff expensive like every  time I go there.  It’s on the ban list.  Now since I’m kinda boat less I’m at the mercy of those that will put up with my company.  As it was I brought back  75 kokes.  I still want to get in a good jigging bite there.   Crescent  is good for about 20 minutes and your limited some days.
   I’d rather have halibut!!!

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2018, 06:47:27 AM »
Keeping up with the building upgrades and repairs is still delaying my boat building progress.  I’ve enough momentum to continue with other projects on my outbuildings.  My “shop” has needed some lovin so I have been trying to wrap that up as well.  These upgrades include new roof, enclosed soffit,  new siding, and a minor adjustment to a saggy overhead door header, and a office-ish room inside the shop.  I’m convinced this will be the last of it for this season.  With the lights in the boat barn all I have left is to add in the power outlets, work benches,  cabinets/shelving type stuff.  Kinda wa to wait on that as I e yet to visualize a boat in there.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2018, 01:00:35 PM »
... Probably the first boat of a few, so may as well get that shop straightened out!

bd

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 06:42:12 AM »
I did finally get a concrete contractor to look at my boat barn.  We agreed on a price and momma gets a new 4’ wide  sidewalk from the drive to the front porch out of the deal. He will bring in a bobcat and do some dirt work too.  That should give me a couple more inches of overhead door clearance!   Now I just gotta get him back to get going on it!   Progress!

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 08:51:53 AM »
Yay!  Progress!  Good idea to gain a couple of inches with some dirt work ... the more room the better.  :D

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2018, 10:49:29 PM »
Everything is formed up and all the rebar tied and ready for a pour.  2 hours on a bobcat and my concrete  contractor has gained me 4 inches of headroom.  Final  number is 9’-7” door opening. That almost seems tall enough for the boat on a trailer.  I may need to rethink my build plan a bit and consider that I may be able to get the whole rig back in there trailered.  I have been looking at a battery powered trailer mover that may work well in my situation. 

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2018, 08:33:36 AM »
You need to post before and after pix ... you've done a tremendous job on your shop!

Probably too late now, but a steel beam header over the garage door will gain you a few inches versus using a standard wood-beam (glu-lams or LVL) header. 

Brian

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2018, 07:23:05 PM »
I will do that.  The opening is what it is now.  With everything I’ve done I’m  early 10 times over budget.  It’s almost time to build a boat

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2018, 04:50:24 AM »
I will do that.  The opening is what it is now.  With everything I’ve done I’m  early 10 times over budget.  It’s almost time to build a boat

You've done an outstanding job ... sorry about the shop budget!  I know how that goes.  My shop in Alaska started out as a "think garden shed ... but bigger with more square footage" and turned into a $60k 2-floor project!  I could've built TWO boats for the price of the ONE shop...

Brian

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2018, 07:00:44 PM »
I’m having trouble posting pics.  Using attachments and other options, choose attachment from my camera roll and try to post.  It won’t allow that type of file.  It’s just a cell phone pic.  What am I doing wrong?

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2018, 06:57:44 AM »
I’m having trouble posting pics.  Using attachments and other options, choose attachment from my camera roll and try to post.  It won’t allow that type of file.  It’s just a cell phone pic.  What am I doing wrong?

Good question!  Can you email me an example image file?  Send to brian dot dixon AT glacierboats dot com

It could be a file type issue, a file size issue, dimensions issue ... I'll know more when I get an example file that refuses to work.  We'll fix it one way or another ... people want to see your pix!

bd

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2018, 10:02:12 AM »
Ok.  can screenshot my attempt too

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2018, 06:45:40 AM »
Ok.  can screenshot my attempt too

I updated some important settings ... try your attachments again now :)

Brian

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2018, 06:50:28 AM »
Thx.  I will give it try this eve

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2018, 07:23:15 PM »
It ain’t perfect, but it’s perfectly functional!