Author Topic: Ed's boat in Perth  (Read 125720 times)

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Ed's boat in Perth
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2014, 08:33:33 AM »
You may pick up a process I forgot about here, just go ahead it will flow as you go.
Not waving....... Drowning!

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2014, 08:49:05 AM »
I cut another longer former for placing on the hull to keep the shape.
Level taped on the inside kept transom plumb for filleting.
I then cut the transom door..... cant find it now....
Thinking son has used it on his many projects......

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:20 AM »
Fun time - working out the transom door placement.

Dave Collett-Paule

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
wow, ten and a half foot of beam, that's huge!  Thanks for posting all the pics, you're a helluva a craftsman!

Cheers,

Dave in Homer

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2014, 07:57:30 PM »
...After Ed's done, I'll have to change the name of MY design to "The Mini Alaskan!"
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Striper

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
Ed's boat should be called The Great Big Australian

Amazing job Ed.   

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Yep, we call her the great Australian......

Too much work, no boatbuilding, 20 sheets of ply been leaning against the shed wall.... a year now, last storm blew off the sun rotted chinese made tarp, boats bums clean though!

Thinkin of quittin work.....

Well, some of it, loyalities need to be on the boat!
Waddaya reckon?

Think I need to draft the hulls lines with super structure to get a well portioned boat, like Brian did, heck haven't done that since oh heck, um, anyways that'll requise splines ad ducks...... out with the sinkers and plaster of paris

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2014, 11:51:33 AM »
Ummmmmm........

Just lookin.......

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
2000 horsepower!  Love to give that boat a try (or two)!  The boat's not big enough to carry the required fuel... about 10 minutes into it, he'll be calling the Coast Guard for a gas can...   :o ::) ;D

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

ChiefD

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2014, 12:36:58 PM »
Must get a great deal when you buy 8 outboards at once! Would love to service that thing, might be a weeks work.
Ed your doing an amazing job on your boat, serious craftsmanship. Many years of knowledge and experience to do what your doing, definatly not for amature's.
Once I helped with an extension, never even thought of widening a hull. Ok...maybe I thought of it but not seriously. Takes some big you know what's to sawzall your almost finished hull in half lengthwise!
Quick question: The original bottom panels are scarfed together essentially making them one piece from keel to chine shelf fore and aft. With the addition, how do you address the lengthwise seam between the original panels and the added panels? I was thinking one long scarfed together butt block or maybe sistering another stringer to the ones you installed prior to the cut.
Anyway, always trying to learn, can't wait to see this boat flipped!

ChiefD

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
Sorry Ed, hadn't gone all the way through your photobucket prior to posting the previous question.
That scarf must get real tricky up in the bow section.
Again.....amazing craftsmanship!!!

I have to laugh every time I read the word "Tranny" in your post. Where I'm from, a tranny used to mean the thing you shift in your car. Now it's a term used to describe a male person that wears makeup and wanders around in women's cloths etc. Short for transvestite.

Any updates on your build?

Ed Snyder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:04 AM »
hahahahahahahaha
aye yes a tranny can be many things ChiefD, minds a wooden one!  :o
Cheers for your words, aways good to post pix for others to look over, I love looking at others builds.

You building?

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
Transom ...transmission ...transvestite.  I think I'll stick with the first two meanings and ignore the very-confused third one!

bd

ChiefD

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2014, 12:58:39 PM »
I'll agree with Brian on this lets stick with the first two, since he wrote it out I do see the commonality "trans".
Ed....currently rebuilding my wife's boat from bow to stern, a 1978 24' SeaRay flybridge with twin Mercruiser stern drives. My sons and I call it Moms boat because she wanted it, it's basically a floating condo not a fishing boat. It's gutted and getting all new bulkheads, stringers, sole, fuel tank.......you know the drill. I'm not sure how much of the crap I'm going to put back in but we will do what Mom wants!
We have 5 boats in our yard, 2 are fully functional and the rest in various stages of restoration. My twin sons are 27 yrs old and have been doing this with me their whole lives, they seem to like it.
I doubt Brian wants pics of boats on his forum other then GA's or maybe a Tolman.
I've only built one boat from scratch but have many rebuilds under my belt. Recently retired and wanting to build not rebuild in the near future, seriously considering a GA.
Your work is very inspiring!!
Derrick

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2014, 02:37:48 PM »
Derrick... Of course you can post about other boats around here.  There are both the "Other Boat Building Projects" and "Other Boats that I Own" (new) forums that should capture 99% of what people might want to post about when it comes to non-Glacier Boats of Alaska boats... It's all good, all for fun :)

Brian