Author Topic: Outside the box  (Read 2635 times)

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
Outside the box
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:59:31 PM »
Hey Brian do you think this kind of top could be put on your hull? Just thinking out loud. Don’t hate me :) ;)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Outside the box
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:39:54 PM »

Keep in mind that a Great Alaskan weighs about half what that boat weighs, which means lots of stuff up high could create windage issues.  But the stylish extended roof, windshield, etc is up to you ... no problem otherwise.  If you're considering a flying bridge, just keep the weight light and try to come up with a structure that lets the wind through.  A 'sunny day' flying bridge made from aluminum framing would be fine.  Even a step behind the house that lets you see over the house (with roof-top steering) would work well.  It's *your* boat!

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:34:07 AM »
Thanks Brian. Not sure what I’m doing just thinking.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:40:46 AM »
Thanks Brian. Not sure what I’m doing just thinking.

That's the fun part!  Where there's a will, there's a way, and most things are possible or at least possible in degrees.  The planning and designing phase of producing your dream boat is one of the funnest phases :D

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>