Author Topic: Hello from Wenatchee, Washington  (Read 202 times)

MarkB

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
Hello from Wenatchee, Washington
« on: April 24, 2020, 11:20:12 AM »
Hello From Washington Everyone!

New to the forum here, and I'm interested in building a 30' Kodiak eventually.  I'm finishing up a 23' Tolman Widebody, so I guess I've been bitten pretty hard by the boat building bug.  Has anyone completed 28' or 30' Kodiak yet?  I see there's at least one guy on the forum from California building a 30', but haven't seen any other build threads for it.

Mark
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:33:23 AM by MarkB »

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Hello from Wenatchee, Washington
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:12:23 PM »
Sounds like you're up to date :)   Chuck Mazzola, one of our kit makers, is making rapid progress, with his crew of employees, on one over in Bend, Oregon.  Haven't seen pix yet, but it'll be 30 feet long, will have a swim platform and walk-around pilothouse.  Chuck's also putting in a bow thruster ... the first on a Great Alaskan.  The last few years have seen the introduction of several that'll work on a GA.  I think I've got a guy in Alaska about to start on his project, and a commercial fisherman in New Zealand starting on one as well - for commercial use.  Kent Cannon's 29-1/2 footer in Oregon comes close to being a Kodiak, but the Kodiak is wider ... correcting the boat's aspect ratio for those longer lengths.

Brian

PS: Welcome aboard!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:12:48 PM by Brian.Dixon »
The Great Alaskan - Professional grade offshore performance - Designed to be built by anyone! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

Rbob

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 07:52:22 AM »
Welcome aboard Mark, nice to have another from Washington.  Post some pics of your build when you can, we all love pics!

Bob

MarkB

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 07:47:29 PM »
Sure - here's the Widebody so far.  I'm hoping to get it finished by summer's end.