Author Topic: Kodiak 31' 4"' OAL 9'6" Beam West Coast Boat Works, Bend OR.  (Read 1954 times)

Todd j

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Kodiak 31' 4"' OAL 9'6" Beam West Coast Boat Works, Bend OR.
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2020, 07:13:57 PM »
It looks big !

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2020, 06:23:13 AM »
It looks big !

:D  It's a BIG Mamma Jamma for sure!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

Grady300

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2020, 11:26:28 AM »
It looks big !

thinking a small hot tub may fit :)
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
Last Completed Build 21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC
28' GA Might Be Next

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »
It looks big !

thinking a small hot tub may fit :)

Put ice in it when fishing with the guys ... hot water when on a 'private cruise'  :D

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

Todd j

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2020, 07:42:03 PM »
Try this

Grady300

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2020, 07:34:54 PM »
Try this
You 2 guys are inspiring ;) May not be a half bad idea. Could probably rid something up!!!
www.wcboatworks.com
28' GA Might Be Next

Grady300

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2020, 07:55:52 PM »
Got the starboard side glass on all in one piece. I always wanted to try the pour with the glass in place method on a vertical surface. Worked better and way easier than I expected. I had to order 60" wide glass to make it work but well worth it. To lay out the glass, tape in place and spread the epoxy only took 2 hours for 2 guys. Not to mention the glass went on beautifully with no wrinkles or seams to sand out later. After taping the glass in place we started wetting out the glass at the top on the chine. We did that with a brush to help hold it all in place when we stated to pour the epoxy on. Having 2 guys each with a squeegee really helps. After all the glass was good and transparent I put on one light skim coat just to make sure the ply did not starve the glass soaking it all up. Port side will get glass next week then the transom.   
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 07:56:48 PM by Grady300 »
www.wcboatworks.com
28' GA Might Be Next

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2020, 08:35:28 AM »

Looks great ... I'll say, you're sure doing good work and have really finessed how to avoid any extra fairing work and sanding that you have to do.  Your posts on using peel ply and one-shot glassing are really going to help others a lot :D

WCR247

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2020, 04:10:58 AM »
Looking Great! Keep up the good progress, definitely setting a new bar for the rest of us to reach. Is it 31'4" to the transom as is, or are you adding a bracket/extension that'll bring it out to 31'4"?   

Grady300

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2020, 07:39:55 AM »
Looking Great! Keep up the good progress, definitely setting a new bar for the rest of us to reach. Is it 31'4" to the transom as is, or are you adding a bracket/extension that'll bring it out to 31'4"?
The OAL is 31'4" from tip of bow to longest pint on the transom after I cut part of the transom off for the Euro Transom look I an going for. If I left the transom as is it would add 4 more inches. I don't plan on using a motor bracket of any type just hang the motor right on the transom.
www.wcboatworks.com
28' GA Might Be Next

WCR247

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2020, 12:20:06 AM »
The OAL is 31'4" from tip of bow to longest pint on the transom after I cut part of the transom off for the Euro Transom look I an going for. If I left the transom as is it would add 4 more inches. I don't plan on using a motor bracket of any type just hang the motor right on the transom.

Ok, I think I see where my confusion was. I saw the renditions but then that you made what appeared to be a normal transom. So once you flip the hull and add the interior aft bulk heads, you'll cut the angles into the hull for the euro look/swim platform? 

Grady300

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »

Ok, I think I see where my confusion was. I saw the renditions but then that you made what appeared to be a normal transom. So once you flip the hull and add the interior aft bulk heads, you'll cut the angles into the hull for the euro look/swim platform?
Yep Exactly what I plan on doing. My thought was I would build it with the stock transom to have options of going either way. this was more work but I wanted the option. I wanted to have it flipped first before cutting in the Euro Transom so I could draw it all out on the side to make sure I like the look of it. In a worse case scenario if I don't like it I could still go with the stock typical transom. The OAL is 31'4" with the Euro Transom if I leave it stock the hull will grow by 4" :)
www.wcboatworks.com
28' GA Might Be Next

WCR247

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2020, 04:59:28 AM »
Good idea! Can't wait to see it finished.