Author Topic: 30' GA in Elma Wa.  (Read 21643 times)

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
Re: 30' GA in Elma Wa.
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2023, 03:00:22 PM »
Wow she really turned out GREAT !!! Well done Gary!!
You will also find getting full value on the hull from an insurance perspective will be a lot easier. Your title will show "West Coast Boat Works" as the manufacture, rather than saying "Home Built" I also think it helps if you ever tried to sell.
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2023, 11:23:50 PM »
The gal at the DMV tried to put home built on the title, so I had to correct her.  You gotta watch those DMV people (right Randy)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2023, 11:45:36 AM »
It sure should be easier to insure.  Underwriters don’t seem to like “home built” boats.

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2023, 06:09:49 PM »
I had no problem getting insurance.  I just called to guy we use for everything else and he took care of it.

tom e

• Midshipman
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2023, 09:24:29 AM »
I'm curious:  What did they enter instead of home built?  te
Tolman Jumbo launched Sept '22

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2023, 09:58:46 PM »
They listed the builder as west coat boatworks.  Chuck cut out the hull pieces

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2023, 10:41:30 PM »
The gal at the DMV tried to put home built on the title, so I had to correct her.  You gotta watch those DMV people (right Randy)

Yes you do! But if you get someone who’s going south, go find someone else! Your boat looks great Gary. Nicely done. Mine might go fishing but it’s not officially “done” yet, there are some loose ends I’ll be working on for a while. As such, I don’t think I’ll be doing Puget Sound in September. I owe my wife a trip to the Grand Canyon and will spend the winter getting the camping equipment on the boat fully operational, better upholstery, etc. I need a break from building!
Randy Henry, SILVERTON Oregon
Randy_Henry@msn.com

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2023, 07:07:17 AM »

Yes you do! But if you get someone who’s going south, go find someone else! Your boat looks great Gary. Nicely done. Mine might go fishing but it’s not officially “done” yet, there are some loose ends I’ll be working on for a while. As such, I don’t think I’ll be doing Puget Sound in September. I owe my wife a trip to the Grand Canyon and will spend the winter getting the camping equipment on the boat fully operational, better upholstery, etc. I need a break from building!

That'll be great ... you'll love the Grand Canyon ... pictures do NOT do it justice!  And this is a great time to pause and take a well-deserved break for both of you!  Are you driving?  You could take the back way around the Rockies back north and pass through the Rapid City area ... see Mt. Rushmore too, another stop worth taking.

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2023, 10:08:50 AM »

That'll be great ... you'll love the Grand Canyon ... pictures do NOT do it justice!  And this is a great time to pause and take a well-deserved break for both of you!  Are you driving?  You could take the back way around the Rockies back north and pass through the Rapid City area ... see Mt. Rushmore too, another stop worth taking.

We’ve done Mt Rushmore on trips back and forth to Chicago. I’ve spend a couple hours at Grand Canyon village but not enough time. I think we’ll hit Zion on the way down. We’ll drag the trailer and take our time. Looking so forward to a road trip! We are in Newport now getting the trailer set up. Hopefully will bring the boat over next weekend for more trials.
Randy_Henry@msn.com

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2023, 12:36:00 AM »
I was thinking about doing Lake Powel when the weather gets cool.  We could make it a Great Alaskan thing.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2023, 06:43:03 AM »

Nice to be able to take your time by bringing your trailer ... we've thought about that, but just haven't quite been willing to fork over the dough for one :)

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2023, 10:39:46 PM »
We got the props on Friday.  It took me 30 minutes to get to the launch and have her on the water.  We took our gear and stayed on the boat until today.    Three days on the boat is not enough.  She sets level from side to side and front to rear.  We started with 30 gallons in each fuel tank and 30 gallons of water.  As we used water and fuel nothing changed, the boat runs great.  Oh ya, 3+ mpg up to 27 mph, top speed so far 40 mph.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2023, 06:56:22 AM »
We got the props on Friday.  It took me 30 minutes to get to the launch and have her on the water.  We took our gear and stayed on the boat until today.    Three days on the boat is not enough.  She sets level from side to side and front to rear.  We started with 30 gallons in each fuel tank and 30 gallons of water.  As we used water and fuel nothing changed, the boat runs great.  Oh ya, 3+ mpg up to 27 mph, top speed so far 40 mph.

So Gary ... I think this is your official first launch, right?  CONGRATULATIONS!!!  You KNOW that launch pictures are REQUIRED around here, right?   ;D ;D ;D

rhenryinoregon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2023, 09:30:42 AM »
Good stats and nice job getting everything balanced out. Nice to see these boats getting out there.
Randy_Henry@msn.com