Author Topic: Kodiak Below Deck Fuel & Water Tank Placement  (Read 1726 times)

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
Kodiak Below Deck Fuel & Water Tank Placement
« on: September 23, 2020, 11:30:12 AM »
Brian,
I was hoping you could take a look at the attached file for my fuel and freshwater tank placement. I think I have it correct trying to follow the 60% rule of centering all tanks on CG line. My CG happens to land right on my aft W/house bulkhead. I'm keeping the larger tank completely within the wheel house hoping to make a removable sealed sole over the tank area so if down the road I have a problem with my tanks I'll have access to remove them. 
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Kodiak Below Deck Fuel & Water Tank Placement
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:09:24 PM »

Looks pretty good to me, Chuck.  Important to note for others that your stringers are ... what, 11-1/2" tall instead of the usual 9-1/2"?  Good way to get extra room under the deck so you can put in bigger fuel tanks.
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »

Looks pretty good to me, Chuck.  Important to note for others that your stringers are ... what, 11-1/2" tall instead of the usual 9-1/2"?  Good way to get extra room under the deck so you can put in bigger fuel tanks.
Good point Brian my LVL stringer are 11 7/8". I would guess 98% of the kits we sell always have taller stringers even on a Tolman WideBody. 
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 05:23:44 PM »
I have nearly the exact same same set up.   I made isometric drawings for the build.  Coastline equipment made them.  I would be happy to share them With you and you could change dimensions to suite.  FWIW my fuel capacity is 170 gallons and water is 20 gallons.  I wanted a SS water tank for 25 gallons.  It would have saved a lot of space under the sole,  but it’s price was nearly as much as both fuel tanks

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 12:16:59 PM »
I have nearly the exact same same set up.   I made isometric drawings for the build.  Coastline equipment made them.  I would be happy to share them With you and you could change dimensions to suite.  FWIW my fuel capacity is 170 gallons and water is 20 gallons.  I wanted a SS water tank for 25 gallons.  It would have saved a lot of space under the sole,  but it’s price was nearly as much as both fuel tanks
I'm also going with Coast Line, they seam to be a great company. Sure I'd love to see your drawings, if there in cad. You can send to Chuck.wcbw@gmail.com
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 12:28:06 PM »
CAD.  That's funny to me.  My drawings look way more kick ass than the straight line chicken scratch they sent me.  Just my .02
  I'll copy one here and let you decide.  Maybe someone else  can use it if you dont.  Lord knows Ive used enough of other people's ideas.  Time to pay back
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 01:12:03 PM by Todd j »

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 12:30:34 PM »
CAD.  That's funny to me.  My drawings look way more kick ass than the straight line chicken scratch they sent me.  Just my .02
  I'll copy one here and let you decide.  Maybe someone else  can use it if you dont.  Lord knows Ive used enough of other people's ideas.  Time to pay back
All info on this site is very useful and helpful. trust me I have used lots of info and ideas on this site. Thanks!!!!
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
I have copies of their renditions of my sketch’s too.  If you or anyone is unable to locate on the page lemme know.  Happy to share!