Author Topic: rotopax in the boat  (Read 562 times)

Todd j

• Captain
    • View Profile
rotopax in the boat
« on: November 16, 2020, 07:57:13 PM »
Anyone have any experience with rotopax products?  I think they would be pretty cool for storing diesel, or grey water when you cant pump it overboard.  Its expandable and simple and clean.  I have this irrational concern of odors in the house so I built a storage compartment under my galley sink that is only accessible from the cockpit.  These products would be a awesome way to secure the tanks if mounted solid to a bulkhead.  Still enough room to stow the portable toilet in there too!

https://rotopax.com/

WCR247

• Midshipman
  • Son of a Sailor
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rotopax in the boat
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 11:05:03 PM »
Never heard of someone using them on a boat, but I don't see why you couldn't. They're a very popular item in the off-road/overland community. They seem to hold up well to the abuse and harsh environments that those guys put them threw. Lots of good mounting options and modularity. Obviously the plastic shouldn't be an issue in salt water, but take care of the mounting hardware to prevent corrosion.

Edit: Did a Google Image search for Rotopax Boat. Came across a handful of microskiffs and jetskis that are using the system. Also, the mounting hardware look like it may be anodized aluminum, so corrosion shouldn't be to big of a concern. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:18:50 PM by WCR247 »
Sail away, Sail away, Three sheets to the wind. Live Hard, Die Hard, This ones for him.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 06:30:17 AM »

I like those stackable Wurx 20-gal tanks ... I wonder if they have a manual or hand-crank pump available?  I only see battery and AC pumps on their website.
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Todd j

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »
I have my rotopax stuff already.  Imagine something like this.  Maybe off the floor?   I won’t know until all my sink stuff shows up. 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:57:55 PM by Todd j »