Author Topic: Boatworks on utube  (Read 332 times)

Djeffrey

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
Boatworks on utube
« on: December 06, 2020, 09:29:55 AM »
For those who are getting ready to paint your boats, do yourself a favor and go to utube and watch Andy on his channel. Search Boatworks, I used Alexseal paint and he has lots of videos on this paint. Worth your time.
 🍻 cheers

json

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boatworks on utube
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »
For those who are getting ready to paint your boats, do yourself a favor and go to utube and watch Andy on his channel. Search Boatworks, I used Alexseal paint and he has lots of videos on this paint. Worth your time.
 🍻 cheers

He just posted his episode where he paints his little sailboat he has been working on... I have been waiting to watch that to move forward with my paint. Andy is great though, he really has a ton of great pointers and tips. I need to chip in on patreon for him.

Djeffrey

• Lt. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 07:26:39 AM »
Json, the key is not to try and put it on heavy and do it like he does, roll it on, got back one time with a roll out and leave it. I just came back and sanded an area I did this summer because I didnít get enough coats on it and it came out even smoother then before. Primmer color is also key, use white if painting white and grey if painting dark.

json

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
Json, the key is not to try and put it on heavy and do it like he does, roll it on, got back one time with a roll out and leave it. I just came back and sanded an area I did this summer because I didnít get enough coats on it and it came out even smoother then before. Primmer color is also key, use white if painting white and grey if painting dark.

Good to know, I will certainly keep it in mind as I embark on that adventure... :) Thanks!