Author Topic: heat in the house  (Read 1163 times)

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
heat in the house
« on: January 01, 2021, 03:32:14 PM »
I reached out to wabasto, espar, and wallas for info on a new heater for the boat.  Espar, and wabasto returned my correspondence immidiately.  Never did hear from wallas.  I called and talked to Bruce at Scanmarine re: the wallas.  He went way deep into the installation and operation of the heater.  I called and talked to wabasto in Seattle too.  It seems like the wallas is the best fit for my boat and I can also duct to the windshields for defroster.    The wallas is the one all the other boaters install after the other mentioned units fail.  Hopefully the many extra dollars for the wallas will be cheaper in the long run.  I tried to order yesterday, but they must have got their New year on early.

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: heat in the house
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 05:50:21 PM »
Well I think you made a great choice since! 

kennneee

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 10:28:56 PM »
I have a wallas stove/heater and it is one of the best things I installed on my boat.

Todd j

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 10:35:12 AM »
They are currently out of product.   I didn’t want to spend that much money on any single item before I got the boat closer to finish.  My initial intent was a the wallas stove with the heater lid deal.  I think I will be happier with my origo stove and stand alone heater.  I can take the origo off the the boat. Something you can’t do with the wallas