Author Topic: Gathering of GA boats  (Read 19694 times)

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
Gathering of GA boats
« on: January 23, 2021, 08:50:39 AM »
I heard some talk earlier about having a GA rally this summer. Well let’s start planning. A few thoughts, please add yours. Not sure Canada will be open so thought it should be somewhere in puget sound area? Sorry, Alaska guys. I think I have the longest trailer time( coming from Colorado) so I was thinking second half of August or first part of September. I’ll leave it there for now and see what others think.

Dennis in Colorado

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gathering of GA boats
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:38:20 PM »
That sounds cool, if my boat is done(er) I am in. I will have to work around my kids being back in school and just family/parenting in general, but if I can swing it it would be really great to see what other people have built. Your timeline is probably good for me provided the stars align with the fam and I can get away for a roadie.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 06:43:22 AM »

Not sure how far ahead you have to reserve space etc, but it looks like the Port Townsend (Washington) Wooden Boat Festival for 2021 is still on ... It'll be September 10-12, 2021:

https://woodenboat.org/

Brian

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:20:45 AM »
I like that Brian, I’ve wanted to go to that for years. I just love looking at wood boats.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 10:06:52 AM »

Not sure how far ahead you have to reserve space etc, but it looks like the Port Townsend (Washington) Wooden Boat Festival for 2021 is still on ... It'll be September 10-12, 2021:

https://woodenboat.org/

Brian
I would be in for a trip there. I exhibited there one year and was thinking of doing it again this year!!! pretty fun show and festival
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
I will do my best to be there, seems doable.

Dan Boccia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »
Awesome! I would love to be there. If it's a go I'll try to come down and join the peanut gallery sans boat.

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 03:30:46 PM »
Awesome! I would love to be there. If it's a go I'll try to come down and join the peanut gallery sans boat.

C'mon mannnn ... Take that big beautiful boat of yours across the gulf past Yakutat and head down the marine highway to Port Townsend!  It wouldn't be the first boat in this size class to do it, but it'd be the first Great Alaskan!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

twisted1

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 04:00:42 PM »
We would be very interested in showing up for a GA gathering. We had our boat in the PT wood boat show a few years back. Would like to see how many could come out.

Mark

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 04:17:07 PM »

I would think that someone needs to reserve a spot at the wooden boat show, right?  Split the cost among those who might go?

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 07:36:41 AM »

I would think that someone needs to reserve a spot at the wooden boat show, right?  Split the cost among those who might go?
Yes ya need to reserve a spot and splitting any cost sounds fair. I'm not sure if my boat will be ready but I hope so. My build might slow down a bit as my cabinet shop is getting busy again so I won't be able to work on it as much as I have been. I've exhibited there before so I will look into it. Might not be much cost for just displaying wood boats. I will report back here
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »

Thanks, Chuck! 

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 09:48:23 AM »
Grady do you know if they allow you to live on your boat during the show? Also I know they aren’t opening applications until some time in march

tom e

• Midshipman
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 06:34:52 PM »
Djeffrey:  They must as many do.  te
Tolman Jumbo launched Sept '22

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 07:03:05 AM »
Grady do you know if they allow you to live on your boat during the show? Also I know they aren’t opening applications until some time in march

yes some people stay on there boats. I was there as a vender one year selling kits I took my Widebody down and stayed in a on site camping area which can fill up. I'm not sure what they have for just people displaying there boats I would assume its a lot cheaper. I'm in Mexico at the moment but when I get back I will look into it. I have some contact info at the office.   
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021