Author Topic: Gathering of GA boats  (Read 19471 times)

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Gathering of GA boats
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2021, 02:51:55 PM »
Accepted, My boat will be on shore.  Brain if you and Chuck want to have signs around my boat we should make a plan.

Maybe I'll get a few dock- and land-ready signs made ... you can use a big Sharpie to fill in details on your boat?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:52:38 PM by Brian.Dixon »
The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »
I received this email today from the Wooden Boat Festival:

Hello Boaters!

You have probably and hopefully received your notice that you got accepted into the Wooden Boat Festival for 2021.

We will not be invoicing until Mid June!
There are a couple reasons for this,
COVID regulations mostly. What we can and can't do.
Things are really changing for the better and looking great for the festival-
June 30 all of Wa state is supposed to be 100% open. Great news for Festivals.
but we are going to give it a month to sort out all the regulations.

I hope this is not a hardship in any way-

We are looking forward to an amazing year - so excited to have IN PERSON festival again!
CNC Cut Kits For The GA Available
www.wcboatworks.com
21'4" Tolman Wide Body CC 2013
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2021, 07:31:44 AM »
I went on snapfish and had a book made of my build pics for the show. It turned out good, just an idea if your going.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2021, 08:23:20 AM »
I went on snapfish and had a book made of my build pics for the show. It turned out good, just an idea if your going.
What a great idea!
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2021, 04:39:04 PM »
I got my invoice today via email for the boat show today. Others should be seeing theirs soon. This means the show is moving forward, great news. i have a water spot, sure hope I have at least one motor on by then. Having one 140 hp motor will be a good conversation starter. Sure hope the other shows up soon. I got to get busy, seems like the to-do list just keeps growing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 05:37:08 AM by Grady300 »
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2021, 11:30:59 PM »
I got mine too.  This is going to be fun.  We will always be changing and improving our boats so "done" just depends on the day.

Djeffrey

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2021, 07:42:58 AM »
Got mine as well. Thanks for the heads up it was in my junk folder.

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2021, 05:27:19 PM »
Got mine as well. Thanks for the heads up it was in my junk folder.
Perfect!
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2021, 10:16:17 AM »
Unfortunately I had to withdraw my boat from the show yesterday, a couple parts of my rigging have officially been backordered past the date of no return, so I wouldn't be able to get the boat on the water. I am looking to make a trip up to see everyone else's boat so hopefully that pans out. At this point I am not sure this stuff is ever going to arrive, it's been backordered since april I think...

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2021, 10:28:12 AM »
Unfortunately I had to withdraw my boat from the show yesterday, a couple parts of my rigging have officially been backordered past the date of no return, so I wouldn't be able to get the boat on the water. I am looking to make a trip up to see everyone else's boat so hopefully that pans out. At this point I am not sure this stuff is ever going to arrive, it's been backordered since april I think...

Bummer!  Are there alternate sources?  Maybe you can find what you need via a phone search and cancel the first order.  Either way, coming to the boat show would be worth it!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?> ... ><((((?>

json

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2021, 02:24:19 PM »
Bummer!  Are there alternate sources?  Maybe you can find what you need via a phone search and cancel the first order.  Either way, coming to the boat show would be worth it!

Ya, I might try to search around, although the part is a yamaha digital part for their helm master ex system, so when I talked to the shop I ordered it from it didn't sound like I could really find it anywhere, like it had to be ordered specifically. I did send the email canceling my spot on the dock, so I assume at this point even if I were to find the parts that I have already given up my spot (had to cancel by august 1 to receive a refund). If I am able to go without the boat then my wife is thinking about joining me, so that's a nice bonus... Either way, oh well, maybe next year with the boat. Hope everyone else doing the mad last minute scramble to get their boat done is successful!

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2021, 05:26:37 PM »

Ya, I might try to search around, although the part is a yamaha digital part for their helm master ex system, so when I talked to the shop I ordered it from it didn't sound like I could really find it anywhere, like it had to be ordered specifically. I did send the email canceling my spot on the dock, so I assume at this point even if I were to find the parts that I have already given up my spot (had to cancel by august 1 to receive a refund). If I am able to go without the boat then my wife is thinking about joining me, so that's a nice bonus... Either way, oh well, maybe next year with the boat. Hope everyone else doing the mad last minute scramble to get their boat done is successful!
HOPE YOU CAN MAKE IT UP!!
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2021, 09:21:07 PM »
I hope you can make it, hopefully you can find your needed part.

ghelland

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »
I would like to have all the GA builders we can get, at the show.  I would like this to be the first of the "GA builders" gatherings. 

Grady300

• Commander
  • Chuck
    • View Profile
    • West Coast Boat Works
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2021, 06:25:44 PM »
I would like to have all the GA builders we can get, at the show.  I would like this to be the first of the "GA builders" gatherings.
100% Agree
www.wcboatworks.com
31'4" Kodiak 2021