Author Topic: Making room for the Kodiak  (Read 89 times)

Lindy

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Making room for the Kodiak
« on: December 16, 2021, 09:07:26 AM »
My kit is shipping tomorrow, so this is requiring some serious shop cleen-up. Yesterday, I launched 3 boats. The first was a 16 foot Chesapeake Light craft peeler skiff- Crabby. Crabby is going to be Ms Jones's crab pot tending boat here in Juneau, I was thinking of taking it across the gulf to the bearing sea and see if I could get on the deadliest catch, but the prudent mariner in me said it probably was not a good idea. The second boat is the Flynn Otis, it's a boat I built for a nurse I work with son. It won't sail until at leas he can crawl. The third is for the first newborn baby of the year in Juneau, a tradition I have done for the last several years. Now I will try to add a few pictures

Brian.Dixon

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Glacier Boats of Alaska
Re: Making room for the Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 01:50:24 PM »

Beautiful boats, one and all!  Good on ya!

The Great Alaskan - Professional performance - Easy to build! - https://www.glacierboats.com  ><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:13:28 PM »
Wow Lindy,

I just saw this post, You continue to amaze me.

I had someone tell me this:

There are old Sailers and bold Sailers but there are no old bold Sailers.

Lindy

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
Thanks,
Well I am old bald sailor for sure. appreciate your posts and ideas, sure I will not have a fine of product as yours in the end, but hopefully it will catch fish. As far as sailing goes, I am on the path all sailors eventually - Sail boat to motor boat, motor boat to motor home, motor home to nursing home and finally nursing home to funeral home. Hopefully I can stay in the motor boat stage for a while.