Author Topic: hydrodeck flooring  (Read 70 times)

Todd j

• Captain
    • View Profile
hydrodeck flooring
« on: January 12, 2022, 03:14:02 PM »
this stuff looks amazing.  I think it would be great under the dinette, in the cuddy, house, sheer, on the anchor deck and on top of the cuddy.  I bet it would work great as a wear surface on top of the house roof for crab pots or swim toys.
  Any body ever seen it in person or use it?
https://www.hydrodeck.com/videos

Rbob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: hydrodeck flooring
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 11:55:07 AM »
It looks amazing, maybe not on the fish deck but definitely appealing.

Todd j

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 07:33:14 AM »
My thoughts exactly.  I read more of the stuff.    Not recommended for outside in the sun storage.  That might be a deal breaker for folks.  But in the house !   I begs its cushy to walk on

barrelroll

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 06:27:05 PM »
I've seen a lot of talk about it in the boat groups on facebook though never paid much attention. I believe the Amazon stuff doesn't last.

My local marine supply has rubber mats for fishing boats from 1/4"-3/4" thick. The 1/4" and 3/8" thick is in rolls, the thicker stuff is in 4x8 sheets. I'm thinking about using the 1/4" thick stuff between my stringers (no floor) in my pilot house and cuddy. Pull it out and pressure wash if necessary, quick and easy to install, and really good traction when wet. I might also look into using it on the fish deck.

Todd j

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 07:42:53 PM »
Yes, cleaning it could be a problem.  Must be why you donít see a bunch of it installed in Fishing boats.  I like your rubber Matt idea too

barrelroll

• Midshipman
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 08:29:07 AM »
I've seen it on a couple higher end aluminum boats up here though never actually looked close enough to see if it holds up. Next time the wife and I take a walk at the harbor I'll pay more attention. It seems very popular with the east coast/ Florida and lake/ pontoon crowds though hasn't really caught on in the northwest. I might also be thinking of seadek  which looks very similar.

I'm interested to see what you come up with for the roof. I hadn't thought about wear and tear of throwing pots up there. Renn Tolman mentioned putting a couple strips of UHMW on his roof to make sliding his dinghy on and off easier though that would also make it easier for pots to jump off the roof.